CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

I Hate UPS!

Old 08-10-2005, 08:34 PM   #1
LowNFToy
I Hate UPS!

I always have bad luck with UPS..lol.. me and my girlfriend waited all day for our new baby corn, and i checked the tracking and its not even in our city yet, it says UPS had a problem.. they better take care of my snakes!

Old 08-11-2005, 04:12 PM   #2
BeckyG
That's terrible! I hope your baby arrives safely.

Old 08-11-2005, 05:05 PM   #3
wikkedkornman
there won't be much you can do if the snakes don't arrive safely. UPS doesn't knowingly ship snakes. they'll do other reptiles, but not snakes. i didn't know this til Rich pointed it out to me.

Old 08-12-2005, 04:06 AM   #4
Knight_errant
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikkedkornman
there won't be much you can do if the snakes don't arrive safely. UPS doesn't knowingly ship snakes. they'll do other reptiles, but not snakes. i didn't know this til Rich pointed it out to me.

Aye, here's a recent news article regarding this very thing:

Python Found in UPS Truck Back With Owner Wed Aug 10,12:43 AM ET

A 9-foot albino Burmese python has arrived at its new home after startling a United Parcel Service driver who found it curled up among packages in his truck last week.

The python was taken to the St. Charles County Pet Adoption Center after Brian Adams encountered it while making deliveries in suburban St. Louis. News reports about the find caught the attention of David Ostermeyer, who hadn't received a python he ordered from a dealer in Pennsylvania.

Ostermeyer, 19, of suburban O'Fallon, told Theresa Williams, director of the division of humane services for St. Charles County, that he has a male albino python and ordered the female so he could breed them.

Ostermeyer told Williams he got the delivery last week but discvered the box was empty. He said he tried to flag down the driver and then put in a claim with UPS.

Adams, 41, remembers delivering an overnight-air box to Ostermeyer's address earlier on the morning that he found the python, but didn't notice anything unusual. Later, after stopping for another delivery, he saw what he first thought was a stuffed animal or rubber snake.

After he saw scales and realized it was alive, he called animal control. The 31-pound snake was prodded into a cloth mailbag and taken to the pet adoption center.

On Friday, Ostermeyer picked up the python after going to the shelter with proof of his ownership — a receipt, the UPS tracking information and the empty box.

The python was shipped in a plastic container that was taped shut and placed inside the box. Williams said the tape was intact but the container cracked, and the cardboard box had a couple of tears in it.

UPS, meanwhile, is investigating. Although the company accepts some live animals for shipment, snakes aren't on its list.

___

Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com

I have my doubts about you receiving your snake from UPS. I recall reading somewhere that FedEx would ship snakes, but I'm afraid that won't help you in your current predicament.

Best of luck and I hope you get your snake safely and healthy.

Erik

Old 08-12-2005, 04:15 AM   #5
Quigs
I do believe there is another thread stating that they did arrive finally and alive.

I also think the newspaper article you copied/pasted was posted already as well.

Q

Old 08-12-2005, 04:58 AM   #6
Knight_errant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigs
I do believe there is another thread stating that they did arrive finally and alive.

I also think the newspaper article you copied/pasted was posted already as well.

Q
I was unaware of a separate thread. I was just responding to the one I did see.

Erik

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google