CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Who else loves South Park?

Old 08-10-2005, 06:04 PM   #11
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Beth is KoRny
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I didn't know!
oh boy oh boy oh boy
YOU DIDN'T KNOW?!?

Old 08-10-2005, 06:42 PM   #12
colinmcc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Beth is KoRny
Yes he gave me a gun for Christmas. I live in a part of the country where most people have guns. My family and my husbands family are all hunters as well (this gun won't be used for hunting though, it's just a 22). We take gun safety very seriously. All guns are locked in a safe and ammo is locked in a separate safe, in MY house anyway. But please, I don't want this thread to become a debate about guns, it's a thread about SOUTH PARK.
Yup. Fair do's, South Park it is.

I actually have these on the wall in front of my PC ... from the, now sadly defunct, sweeet.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAV
Blow it out your arse Colin! If it weren't for the Yanks and their guns you guys would be singing "O Tanenbaum" for Christmas!
Welcome back Cav.

Old 08-10-2005, 06:42 PM   #13
Serpwidgets
You guys!

Seriously!

Old 08-10-2005, 06:59 PM   #14
Bubbles
southpark rules my fav show! lol

Old 08-10-2005, 07:57 PM   #15
tat2d1
south park rocks! my fav episode is from season 1 when grandpa just wants someone to kill him for his birthday. i laugh my butt off every time i see that episode.

Old 08-10-2005, 08:49 PM   #16
Clint Boyer
WOW!

A target 10/22, NICE!

We use those to hunt squirrels around these parts. They are real tack drivers.

Quote:
A guy here has just been found guilty of killing a 2 year old with an air rifle, and there are rumblings about getting those made as illegal as 'proper' guns are over here. I hate to think how bad it would be if some of the drop-kicks we have running around these days could just stroll into a superstore and buy themselves a 'real' gun .....
I also heard they were gonna take sharp knives away from you too!

Old 08-10-2005, 09:55 PM   #17
Taceas
South Park is ok. We can't get satellite here (thanks to stupid installation guys being too lazy to install it) so I don't get much besides NBC, Fox, and PBS.

Butters(?) was funny though, his Professor Chaos alter-ego.

I love the movie though.

And not to debate..but I can't resist.

Quote:
What about sharp sticks too??

In all seriousness, I find it interesting that a whole other Western Nation sees guns as evil and people who own them just as evil. What do fox hunters hunt with? Harsh language? "Come back here you damned fox!"

Maybe its because the majority of Britain's population is urbanized and people who have guns ARE bad. But its the people who make guns bad, not the other way around. And to rob the NRA magazine of a quote: "Guns don't kill people, people kill people".

But having went through law enforcement school here, I don't see how your policemen just carry sticks and expect people to obey them. THAT right there boggles my mind. Here, if they know you don't have a gun, they're sure to run or harm you.

I grew up in a home with an unlocked gun cabinet full of guns...yes, I'm still here! High-powered rifles, shotguns, pistols, .22's, and some family heirlooms (Grandfathers WW2 rifle, great-uncle's rifle from WW1, and a gun from a relative who served in the Civil War even have his enlistement and discharge papers =D ). I just have a respect for them. I own a .22 myself, I call it the "Varmint Getter".

But we all know gun-control works SO well. The bad eople in Britain still have guns, as they do here. All the laws on Earth can't change that fact, sadly enough.

Anyway, I just thought it interesting. =)

Old 08-11-2005, 04:25 AM   #18
colinmcc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Boyer
I dunno if you're joking but you're actually right.

Knife laws have been tightened right up here recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taceas
What do fox hunters hunt with? Harsh language? "Come back here you damned fox!"
They don't hunt them with anything here now. It's been outlawed as well .....

PS ... To stay on topic .......... TIMMY!

Old 08-11-2005, 08:21 AM   #19
Mary-Beth
lol colinmcc

now to disregard my former post...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Boyer
A target 10/22, NICE!

We use those to hunt squirrels around these parts. They are real tack drivers.
Good eye Clint! It is VERY nice.
We used to hunt squirrels as well. Now we just go deer hunting a few times each season because most of the land we had permission to hunt has been cleared for houses and farm land.

Old 08-11-2005, 09:36 AM   #20
Clint Boyer
We have a place in eastern Oregon were we camp and hunt squirrels. The place is loaded with deer, bear, coyotes, pronghorn antalope and wild horses.
We call it Southpark (just to stay on topic!)

I don't have the Ruger target but customized my own with a heavy barrel and custom trigger and what-not.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google