CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

To moss box or not?

Old 04-16-2018, 01:44 PM   #11
Patmart
I’ve got both mine love there snake cave
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-18-2018, 04:34 AM   #12
Briancs
Still lurves the moss box! His personality is coming out. Not handling him at the moment cos he’s been fed and is in blue, but he’s becoming more adventurous within the viv and I think he’s gaining confidence which is lovely to see.

Old 04-18-2018, 07:49 PM   #13
DollysMom
All my snakes use their humid hides with sphagnum moss. They sometimes go in there between sheds but definitely use them during shed. Keep them clean. While mine have rarely pooped in any of their hides it has happened. You can always do the sniff test. You'll smell it if he's soiled it. I'm so happy for you and Brian. Keep us posted.

Old 04-20-2018, 05:38 AM   #14
Patmart
Hi my 2 have never poop in their caves
Pat

Old 04-20-2018, 06:41 AM   #15
Briancs
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
All my snakes use their humid hides with sphagnum moss. They sometimes go in there between sheds but definitely use them during shed. Keep them clean. While mine have rarely pooped in any of their hides it has happened. You can always do the sniff test. You'll smell it if he's soiled it. I'm so happy for you and Brian. Keep us posted.

Thanks. He loves it so much that I may have to remove it surgically when he’s shed!!!

Old 04-20-2018, 07:20 AM   #16
Briancs
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post

Just found perfect first shed, eye caps and all, at the back of the viv! He’s looking very smart!!!!

Old 04-20-2018, 09:07 AM   #17
DollysMom
That’s wonderful! Good job Brian!

Old 04-30-2018, 01:23 PM   #18
Briancs
Brian is currently doing very well and looks particularly fine following his shed. He’s still a little nervous but I’m working on gaining his confidence. Once I’ve got hold of him (the difficult bit as he moves like greased lightening!) he seems to be quite happy. He’s starting to explore the interesting things in his viv more, now, so I think we’re getting there!

Old 04-30-2018, 01:57 PM   #19
Patmart
Hi sounds like Brian doing really well
My zuzees still a bit shy but fine when she’s being Handel
Keep up the great work with Brian
Pat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 05-03-2018, 02:00 AM   #20
Briancs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmart View Post
Hi sounds like Brian doing really well
My zuzees still a bit shy but fine when she’s being Handel
Keep up the great work with Brian
Pat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, will do!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google