• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Suggestions ?

autumn5567

I recently took in a corn snake from a couple who couldn’t keep her anymore. She’s healthy, however, they did put crickets in the tanks thinking she would eat them, and now there are baby crickets ALL OVER in there. I’m not sure of the best way to clean out the tank and put in new bedding without making a huge mess with dirty bedding and hundreds of baby crickets. Any suggestions?

I've had to clean out a couple lizard cages like that. One way is to use a shop vac and suck everything out of the tank. Then take it outside to the trash and dump the contents. If the shop vac has a disposable paper liner remove it and throw it away. Another way is to place a garbage bag inside the tank and use a dustpan to scoop everything up and put it in the bag. You may have to let the corn roam around or put her in something temporarily.

I'd just put the snake in a safe container for a few minutes. Dump everything out of the cage. Thoroughly clean it and replace the bedding and furnishings.

If the people were dumb enough to to what you said, then I'd bet they didn't take the best of care anyway, and a good cleaning certainly won't hurt anything.

Back