CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

ROXIE

Old 07-09-2021, 01:01 PM   #1
nikkirnoto
ROXIE

Not sure of morph but meet Roxie

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Old 07-09-2021, 05:25 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
Pretty! She looks like a snow.

Old 07-09-2021, 05:33 PM   #3
nikkirnoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
Pretty! She looks like a snow.
Thanks! I'm assuming snow means white but I've seen it in combination with colors like coral, strawberry and pink. So would snow be the primary recessive gene? I know a little about genetics but nothing about snakes other than the little reading I did before we bought her.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:02 PM   #4
hypnoctopus
Yeah, snow is amel plus anery. They're usually varying degrees of white, a bit of yellow, and sometimes a bit of pink. There are other lines of snows that make the snake much pinker, sometimes you'll hear coral, salmon, cotton candy, etc. But usually they involve a gene called red factor. From your pictures, your snake looks like a regular snow to me (all baby snows are a bit pink at first), but I know photographing a pink snake is super difficult, so if you can get some accurate photos of the color (natural light works well for this, like a cloudy day), we can help you figure out if she's just a snow or is a red factor snow.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:33 PM   #5
nikkirnoto
Quote:
Yeah, snow is amel plus anery. They're usually varying degrees of white, a bit of yellow, and sometimes a bit of pink. There are other lines of snows that make the snake much pinker, sometimes you'll hear coral, salmon, cotton candy, etc. But usually they involve a gene called red factor. From your pictures, your snake looks like a regular snow to me (all baby snows are a bit pink at first), but I know photographing a pink snake is super difficult, so if you can get some accurate photos of the color (natural light works well for this, like a cloudy day), we can help you figure out if she's just a snow or is a red factor snow.
I'll definitely work on it! She's currently tucked into her bedding working on a pinkie

I was also a little surprised that she glows in the blacklight!

Old 07-09-2021, 08:23 PM   #6
hypnoctopus
Oh yeah, definitely don't disturb her while she's eating or digesting. Make sure to give her at least a few days to digest before she stars in her own photo shoot!

Old 07-09-2021, 08:48 PM   #7
nikkirnoto
Quote:
Oh yeah, definitely don't disturb her while she's eating or digesting. Make sure to give her at least a few days to digest before she stars in her own photo shoot!
She's, tucked away out of reach digesting and we won't bother her but it's sooo hard! I'm glad she was comfortable enough to eat since we just brought her home yesterday (fed her this am). If she out and about Monday we will try and hold her a bit. Maybe get a picture or 2.

Old 07-12-2021, 04:23 PM   #8
nikkirnoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkirnoto View Post
She's, tucked away out of reach digesting and we won't bother her but it's sooo hard! I'm glad she was comfortable enough to eat since we just brought her home yesterday (fed her this am). If she out and about Monday we will try and hold her a bit. Maybe get a picture or 2.

Ok 1st off it is NOT easy to photograph a snake! She's busy
My husband had to hold her so I could get these and they aren't the best.

*These were taken in natural light

Old 07-12-2021, 07:10 PM   #9
hypnoctopus
So cute! Yeah, photographing baby corns is always a challenge! She looks like a regular snow to me. But their colors will continue to develop and deepen as they reach adult age, so she might a nice pinkish snow as an adult.

Old 07-12-2021, 10:06 PM   #10
nikkirnoto
Quote:
So cute! Yeah, photographing baby corns is always a challenge! She looks like a regular snow to me. But their colors will continue to develop and deepen as they reach adult age, so she might a nice pinkish snow as an adult.
I'm so excited to see her change! It's amazing how much difference there is in color even in the adult snows.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google