CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Reactions from family and friends

Old 09-25-2018, 08:48 PM   #11
joyknights
Not everyone will like the fact that you have an extraordinary pet. My brother hates snakes and he also hates me for having one. People have different opinions, just ignore them.

Old 09-26-2018, 04:38 PM   #12
FirstSnakeJourney
Ahhh people - don't you just want to hug them - with a stout rope and a short drop.

I was on the path to having a snake - local landlords office says "yes" then someone up the chain said "no" - all because they heard the word "snake" and feared it getting into a communal area and biting someone and them dying.

From a corn snake bite.

Now having to jump through more hoops to try and get the answer changed to "yes" - all because of an assumption.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:29 AM   #13
PhilyD
I kind of get it. I had a fear of snakes until forced to hold a Ball Python and Corn Snake at my kids summer camp. At the time they might as well have been a rattle snake and a cobra. After I held them I fell in love and now own one of each. I think the answer is education and experience but I 99% of the people that I know wont even come to my house because of the wild "poisonous" beasts that free roam my house and murder everyone who walks in.

My current plan is to try to make my snakes (in pics mostly) look like the cutest things imaginable with the expressed intent on making them more aproachable.

As a side note a friend that said he would never come to my house is actually coming with his family next weekend for dinner. I've been giving Francis (my ball python) pep talks as she is the ambassador of my snake collection. Frito (my corn snake is still to wiley). Hoping that even if my friend doesnt want to hold her that he will at least agree to me getting her out so that he can see here. Baby steps.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google