CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Having Breakfast with my corn

Old 01-18-2019, 12:05 PM   #11
Twolunger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
Grocery store eggs come from chicken cloaca just like those that you collect from your own yard. But, if you have access to true free roaming chicken eggs I'd get them. The problem is most free roaming chickens are free to roam in a very small area and aren't what I would consider true free roaming chickens. A yolk from a chicken allowed to run free is generally a bright orange and not that dull yellow to orange you see at the store.
You are sure correct about the free roaming chickens, and if you let them scratch through cow flops in the pasture the eggs are really tasty. I know it sounds gross but they are only after undigested grain. However, hawks have become too much of a nuisance and you better not get caught shooting one. The authorities will throw the book at you. So most of us that raised chickens used a mobile pen that could be moved around the pasture.

Old 01-18-2019, 01:11 PM   #12
Hoss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
You are sure correct about the free roaming chickens, and if you let them scratch through cow flops in the pasture the eggs are really tasty. I know it sounds gross but they are only after undigested grain. However, hawks have become too much of a nuisance and you better not get caught shooting one. The authorities will throw the book at you. So most of us that raised chickens used a mobile pen that could be moved around the pasture.
I've actually had hawks swoop down right next to me and take off with some of my bantam chickens I used to keep. Had one drop its catch on the road as it took off flying over the house. Crazy business, but yeah, I believe quality food brings quality results. The results of which are often visible with many animals over time.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google