CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Calling the TESSERA EXPERTS!

Old 08-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #1
SquamishSerpents
Calling the TESSERA EXPERTS!

What are these!?

Is the one on the right a Tessera Stripe, or a Normal Vanishing Stripe?

The left one is obviously a Tessera. I am not sure if it is a Tessera Stripe, or just a regular Tessera. I thought Stripe but now that I am looking closer, the part near the neck that is not a complete uniform stripe is throwing me off.

But on the right snake, the color "outside the lines" is telling me it is not Tessera and is just a Normal Stripe.

I've included some close-up crops, as well as a photo of one of my older Tessera Stripes.

All Tesseras I have hatched, have a black outline separating the middle (lighter) stripe from the 2 darker stripes. You can see the black outline very well on the juvenile Tessera Stripe in the last pic!

Snake in question (pic for side pattern):

Tessera Stripe (pic for side pattern):

Also of note, I think the snake in question is in shed as of right now, but I'm not sure.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #2
Chip
I haven't produced enough tess stripes to consider myself anything CLOSE to an expert, but at first glance, I thought tess stripe on the left, stripe on the right. If I were gambling, I'd stick with that.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #3
fyrefocks
I'm curious about the parents of this clutch?

Old 08-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #4
SquamishSerpents
The parents were 0.1 Snow Stripe x 1.0 Tessera het, Snow Stripe

Old 08-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #5
5 Star Serpents
I'm with Chip on this one.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #6
Nanci
I'm by no means a Tessera expert. My first thought was Stripe. But- the stripe is narrow, it is not connected at the neck, and it goes all the way to the tail. I'm going to bet Tessera Stripe.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #7
multicorn
I would also be with Chip on this
Tessera stripe LEFT
excellent stripe RIGHT

Old 08-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #8
SquamishSerpents
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I'm by no means a Tessera expert. My first thought was Stripe. But- the stripe is narrow, it is not connected at the neck, and it goes all the way to the tail. I'm going to bet Tessera Stripe.
This is what was throwing me off too, and the fact that there is no black outline. SO weird! I was almost 100% sure that it was a Normal Stripe, I just can't believe how different it looks from it's sibling.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #9
steve roylance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I agree with Nanci. The head pattern is saying Tess! Also the dorsal stripes are too thick for a typical "Stripe".

Old 08-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #10
multicorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve roylance View Post
I agree with Nanci. The head pattern is saying Tess! Also the dorsal stripes are too thick for a typical "Stripe".
Which one.. The right one????

If its the right one does the stripe get wider the further down or is that an illusion... ???? Also the stripe appears to bleed which tessera seems to prevent 'normally'?!?!?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google