• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Calling the TESSERA EXPERTS!

Hey Joe,
Just a FYI, if this is a link from your personal forum over on the "other" corn snake site, Rich has his site set up to where any links to that site trying to be posted are blocked.

I'm sure you didn't know. I found out a while back as well trying to do so and simply not knowing about the block.

Walter
:crazy02:BOUT' CORNS !!

No wonder I couldn't link pictures!

I bought a Tessera het Striped Lava from Tom, because I like the pheno of his Tessera. It is either het for Striped OR Motley. Now that I know, all I have to do is breed it to a Motley instead of a Striped and more Motley Tessera will be produced than if I bred it to a Striped.

I will also breed him to a Striped Lava just to see if he is het for Striped or Motley, but the breedings to a Lava Motley or Ice Motley will be most interesting.

That clutch was produced from this male. Hope that helps. I plan on running mine to striped lava provided she's large enough.

Last edited:
Most of you are aware that FAR from the United States are rat snakes found around the Greek Islands that have a mutation like Tessera. This mutant that is fairly common in the wild range of Leopard Rat Snakes Elaphe situla is remarkably like our corn snake Tessera Mutation. If you GOOGLE IMAGE search Striped Leopard Rat Snake, you'll see many examples. I'm told that striped variants are found that exhibit contiguous stripes, but those are not the result of an additional striped gene mutation - like our Tessera corn snake mutants.

This picture of a wild-caught mutant was provided today by Daniel Bohle of Germany.

attachment.php

Digging this up again, I was reminded of this thread when asked for updated pics of the baby in question in my first post.

But WOW, this snake in the picture I quoted is very interesting. Check out these Blood/Diffused (whatever) Tessera I produced this year:

971800_10151662805443533_607590919_n.jpg

And my holdback Pewter Tessera:

1234725_174740922724070_1513028678_n.jpg

1471996_174740936057402_907355126_n.jpg

Both snakes pictured are siblings. I assumed it was the Bloodred/Diffused (again - whatever :p) doing the abberant breaking up of the pattern.

Shocker! Hey, I thought they were just jungle corns anyway...

Today it is common knowledge that this is the Motley Tessera Phenotype.

Here are some photos of my favorite Motley Tessera, a Blue Motley Tessera het Striped.

My Blue Motley Tessera is not "just" a jungle corn, it is "Super, Super, Duper, Blue Motley Jungle Corn". or a Blue Motley Striped California King Snake, or some other hybrid combination.

What is the definition of a hybrid marker? What is the definition of "No Hybrid Markers"?

Attachments

• BMtTsaM.JPG
    BMtTsaM.JPG
    376.4 KB · Views: 32
  • BMtTsbM.JPG
    BMtTsbM.JPG
    331.5 KB · Views: 33
  • BMtTsM.JPG
    BMtTsM.JPG
    398.3 KB · Views: 32
Today it is common knowledge that this is the Motley Tessera Phenotype.

Here are some photos of my favorite Motley Tessera, a Blue Motley Tessera het Striped.

My Blue Motley Tessera is not "just" a jungle corn, it is "Super, Super, Duper, Blue Motley Jungle Corn". or a Blue Motley Striped California King Snake, or some other hybrid combination.

What is the definition of a hybrid marker? What is the definition of "No Hybrid Markers"?

WOW !!!! Nice looking critter there Joe !!!

Walter
:crazy02: BOUT' CORNS !!

Back