CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Lost my Corn 1ft 7in might be in the walls help

Old 11-15-2015, 02:43 PM   #21
germanshepherd
Quote:
Originally Posted by CathySnake View Post
My corn was lost somewhere in my room. It has now been 4 days and I am doubtful she is still there. My brothers and me all combed through the room. We, to our absolute horror found that the the heating pipes used to heat our house in the winter (it is summer for me though) goes into the wall of our room making a huge useless hole from the builders it is a circle shape on the floor and goes who knows where? Anyways below us is a walled off section of our garage and if my snake is there she's doomed. Also our house is extremely messy (5 people in a small isn't good for neatness) so I don't even know at this point where she is. I only got a chance to search our room though and im getting worried. I even put flour on the floor, pinkie in the middle and moist paper towels around then stayed up all night waiting and nothing. Today is her regular feeding day so I really hope she shows up. Also tomorrow we are leaving for my uncles. We are going to be gone for 4 days but my mom will be home. After that though we are leaving on a 2 week trip to see my grandparents and this does not help the situation at all. I haven't told my parents yet, my mom I'm planning on telling but my dad has been in a bad mood recently and is easily angered so im scared, really really scared. For my snake and what happens when they find out I lost her. Mostly for my snake though. I have cried nearly the whole day today in secret and I really really miss her a whole lot. She is 1ft 7inches and really cute. Please give me tips other than search everywhere and leave food out. Heating mats won't work since it's summer to and make that also means she is more likely to escape the house. At least she won't freeze to death though. Any insight plz or encouragement. Thanks in advance.
hi, not the answer you want to hear but in my case, I never found my escaped corn. I laid down the sticky tape, did the 2 litre bottle soda traps, laid down powder to see if I saw trails, never found him. There is a slight chance my dog ate him as my dogs were in their crates and he could have wondered into their crate and got ate so that may be why I never found my little guy. that is the good news for you if you do not have dogs or cat that may have gotten him.

Put down the sticky painters trim tape, two litre bottle trap trick and like the others said, keep searching. I also laid pinkies within the tape and in the soda bottles but no luck, I really think he ventured into the dogs territory. good luck and I know how you feel..

Old 12-16-2015, 03:05 PM   #22
CathySnake
I recived some hope today.

About a month or two ago my dad caught a garter in a cooler for me to take care of. I named him/her Alex and had Alex for about a week. Alex was always wriggling and never calmed down even though I held Alex only for transport to the food box. After a week though I placed a worm and mealworm inside a cardboard box instead of a plastic food dish my mom wanted for cooking that I usually place a towl over so Alex feels safe. An hour and a half later I check on Alex to see he/she made a hole in the box and was long gone.
I wasn't upset like I was when I lost Cathy but I was more of scared my dad would yell at me for losing a wild snake in the house. I went with the excuse that I released Alex because I didn't know if Alex was diseased.
Now.. yesterday after an orchestra concert I played in I was just relaxing on my bed. Then I heard my brother speak out in surprise (he's so calm about evrything) Apparently Alex was sliding on his papers jammed on the side of his bed. Alex was trying to get up the wall but was failing. I grabbed Alex and put him/her in the tank and put some water in which Alex drank. Today I officially released Alex. My family believes Alex just found a way back inside the house. Anyways the main comforting part is Alex looks l like he/she put on weight and managed to survive without a water bowl for over a month.
So yeah I got hope from this incident. By the way I wasn't careless when I lost Alex he/she just found a small hole in the box and widened it. But if Alex can survive in my house then Cathy can too.

Old 12-16-2015, 05:42 PM   #23
DollysMom
I'm glad Alex is okay. I'm glad you have hope for Cathy. I'm still hoping for Dolly, too, so I really understand.

Old 12-16-2015, 06:56 PM   #24
germanshepherd
good luck... there is always hope.. little buggers can find their way out of most anything at times.. keep us posted.

Old 03-13-2016, 08:04 PM   #25
SamSimon
I know this is old, but netherless...
Maby (depens on your neigbors) Inform them that there is a snake missing.
My Marhmallow found a way out of his box - I found him right under the cupbord his box stand on top. At first I thougt I had just forgotten to close the Lid. A week later he was gone (he was strong enough to open the Lid on his own). I searched the House, The rodentroom, I even rearanged almost all my furniture in hope to find him.
I never found him and thought my Cat got him (she allready had hunted wild snakes in the past).
This was just before Christmas 2014. 8 Months later in Juli 2015 my Neighbor was hysterical (I am known for all my pets and got a lot of wild animals to nurse and set wild again) there was a weird snake in her garden! I got there AND it was my Marshmallow well fed, without a scratch
Seems like he lived inside my walls since all the scratching mouse-noises were gone for the last year

So dont give up and mybe ask the neighbors

Old 03-18-2016, 02:14 PM   #26
Asher9
I know someone who had a cornsnake as a childhood pet. The snake got out, and she didn't see him again for SEVEN YEARS. She returned to the house for a visit, and saw the snake who had quite distinct markings in the yard. The snake was living under the house for the entire time, and she even found all of the snake trails. She ended up letting live in the wild, because she thought it would be cruel to put it in captivity after seven years. Never give up hope.

Old 09-04-2016, 08:56 PM   #27
CathySnake
Its been a little over a year now. Well I haven't smelled anything that would mean cathy died but no sign she stuck around either. Whats the chances she will return because even a year later I still miss her and really want her back. I even have her mice still in the freezer (even though by now they are surely freezer burnt). Her cage is now a fish tank for my betta named Apollo but I have a spare tank in the garage that I got for free from a summer camp when I helped clean out the shed. I will certainly update if I find her but for now I'm still waiting to find her hungry on my kitchen floor.

Old 09-04-2016, 09:21 PM   #28
DollysMom
Hi CathySnake. As it gets beyond a year the chances are pretty slim that you will find Cathy. I can never say never. I know what you mean about missing her. Dolly escaped on September 22 last year and I still miss him. I'd be so happy to see him. But realistically there's not much chance. There still is a chance but it is so slim. So sorry for the bad news, but better I say it because I'm in the same boat as you.

Old 06-09-2018, 09:21 PM   #29
CathySnake
Talking

Guess who returned?

Cathy did

New neighbours who once had their own corn did

Cathy looks fat lol

Glad she knew how to take care of herself

I got a dog now named Cleo (Cleopatrara) also, she is 7.5 lbs maltese/poodle/terrier mix.

Now I have two babies.

Cathy is quite chill even after 3 years

Hope this story gives others hope.

-A

Old 06-10-2018, 01:23 AM   #30
DollysMom
Congratulations! That’s wonderful news.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
lost, snake trap