CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Anery motley scaleless

Old 08-28-2017, 08:35 AM   #21
CornsAustria
thank you both !
My one and only anery motley/striped scaleless hom or het. lavender,charcoal are out of his second shed too and I'm crazy in love !!

Old 08-28-2017, 10:02 AM   #22
DLena
Quick question for CornsAustria... I have a smooth collie from USA lines. When I've gone online and looked at smooth collies from other countries, I see structural differences. Could you please compare your actual scaleless corns to pictures of USA scaleless corns for me? Do you see a difference in snoot length? I can't tell for certain, but it looks like your corns in Austria have a shorter distance from eye to nostril.
I've also heard that 100% SD retics from Europe have much calmer personalities than those bred in the USA.

Old 08-28-2017, 01:56 PM   #23
CornsAustria
I don't have any experience with US scaleless, mine are all from breeders in the France Country and Belgium.
Our line is calm and I also have seen many 'scaled' ones who have a shorter nose too...I think it depends on the 'how many 'inbreeding' with these cornsnakes has done (sorry my grammar and english are very bad )
Also it is a little optical illusion because of the missing scales.
Our adults are all 'normal' in their face and behavior - calm in their temper and not nervous when you take them out for cleaning or something else. BUT this is a 'how do you to deal with them' thing... when you never take them out, they will be very nervous. I never have big clutches - always only 1 to 3 and this is why my corns - no matter if they have scales or not are a lot more calm and non nervous then other from other 'bigger' breeders. I pic the coolest and nicest corns for breeding them, maybe this plays a role too.
A few pictures from our adults and last year babies with 'normal' noses
Nice evening to Kenmore !

Old 08-28-2017, 02:22 PM   #24
DLena
Thank you for the pictures and the explanation. And I understand your English clearly. I'm a high school English teacher in New York State, USA and I have some English as a New Language Learners. Most of them are from Ukraine.

Old 08-28-2017, 11:39 PM   #25
CornsAustria
Thank you Lena ! Writing is easier then speaking I've learnd english in school, but it was not interesting for me enough to learn more - but now - since I do the cornsnake hobby I read and learn english more and more in UK and US plattforms ( I use english writing places a lot much more then german writing ) and it makes sense to me now and fun ! Learning is the half life I would say (now)

Old 09-15-2017, 12:02 AM   #26
CornsAustria
So, it seems the little anery motley turn out to be a moonstone OR charcoal motley ! He has the same belly like his brother, and other anery scaleless I have do not have this belly !

I like him very very much, and it does'nt matter if he is visible charcoal or not - he WILL be a stunner someday and important for me - he's mine

Old 09-15-2017, 05:10 AM   #27
Patmart
Lovely colour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-15-2017, 06:12 AM   #28
DLena
He is beautiful. Could you w plain the differences between anery and moonstone?

Old 09-15-2017, 11:41 PM   #29
CornsAustria
moonstone = anery charcoal - and its hard to make a difference I guess. Less yellow, darker eyes, a darker colour then anery - but thats all with scales, without I have no clue.
I would say he is poss hom. charcoal maybe moonstone and personally I think it does'nt matter for me, if he is het. or hom because he stay definiteley here so who care's

Old 09-16-2017, 12:28 PM   #30
DollysMom
He's beautiful! That belly is so fascinating. Congrats.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google