• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Howdy from Florida!

PocketFuzz

Corn snake owner for decades! Res used a wild baby corn snake from a guy with a shovel intent upon chopping her into bits and pieces! She was a tiny baby, about 5/16 inches around and less than 6 inches long.

I put her in a lunch bag and brought her home. Started her on earthworms and pinkies, then progressed up through the rodent ages as she grew.

I found her in 1996 and she is now over 4 feet long and about 2 inches in diameter. If she was 1 when I found her, that makes her 23 years old! How long do they live?

She is red, with a fantastic checkerboard belly, possibly an Okeetee? Found in Ormond Beach, FL.

If the above link doesn't work, here is same image, photo taken in 2010.
3ccf4194e83cd9e7552b55c9b0763520.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

From what I understood and read they have a lifespan any where from 10 to 20 years. Glad to see your beauty passing the high mark! Here's to hoping my Idris lives that long!

Props for saving Res!! Image of my scale baby waiting for his dinner to move because hes picky like that.
2a921a1f0cc2737d680dcddda5c274eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Congrats on the rescue. You have certainly taken excellent care of her. The oldest corn I heard about was 24 years old, but there could be older ones.

I know of 1 personally 23 years old, and I read somewhere the longest one on record was 26 years, but somebody on this site claims they've seen longer, but I seriously doubt it.

They do live longer as pets than they do in the wild. "Average" lifespan wild is about 8 years and for a pet 15.

Back