CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

The different looks of snow

Old 11-22-2018, 10:09 AM   #1
Saml8
The different looks of snow

I am very new to having a snake. I've had my snow corn for about 7 months (she's probably about a year old) and as she sheds there's a greenish color that is showing up around the borders. I've looked at pictures of the snow morph and there seems to be a wide variation in the colors. Can anyone shed light on the snow morph and the different looks?
**I originally used the attached picture under a different thread because of the damaged scale

Old 11-22-2018, 04:21 PM   #2
Twolunger
There are many variations of corn snake morphs, not only the snows. You need only look at some of the pictures posted on this forum or on Ian's vivarium to see the wide variation. I have produced many snows, and most were similar, but then I produced a few that were obviously different even though they were from the same clutch. I'll leave it up to the genetic experts to explain the reason, but I think a lot has to do with the recessive genes of the parents. Probably a good example would be the coral snows. Two years ago I hatched 3 snows from the same clutch, two were similar, and one had a light gray cast covering its whole body, including the underside. I should have kept that one just to see how it matured, but had to many corns already.

Old 11-25-2018, 09:44 PM   #3
crazyhorse
looks to me to be a salmon snow. or possible supped up coral snow.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google