• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Lighting

Jay@PJCReptiles

"Quality Before Quantity"
Hi Everyone,
We were wondering what all you top notch photographers use for lighting? Other then a flash that is. We have been using a "Natural Lighting" bulb but it seems to give a yellowish hue to our pictures. We would like to take some pictures as if we were outside in perfect lighting conditions so the pictures would better reflect the snakes true colors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jay & PJ :cool:

Last edited:
photoboxes work great... easy to make on your own with some pvc and white sheets... there are a TON of tutorials out there..

since i rarely use one as i'm not "professional" and tend to like to take pics of my animals while "caught in the act" it doesn't work out.

I do like to supliment the lighting though
my favorites, without a doubt, are the GE Reveal lighting.
they really are the best for bringing out colors

Back