• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Worth the trip ?

Droptines

There is a reptile show comming in a few weeks.It is at least a 3 hour drive,but its still in NY.Do you think it would be worth the trip,,if I was looking to buy ?.

Hi,

I think it would be worth the trip if you were seriously looking to buy something really nice! :) Heck, I would drive that far! lol

Maybe find out more about the expo/show, how big is it going to be, which breeders will be there etc etc. I nearly went to a "big" expo the other weekend but I am VERY glad I didnt because apparently they didn't have much stock... :crazy02:

In my opinion, it would be worth it if you are going to buy. Definitely look into which breeders will be there. Basically, you'll be saving a $40-50 shipping cost. You could also pick up some feeders while you are there. They'll most likely be cheaper than what you'd get at a pet store, and again, no shipping costs.

With the money you'd save, it would be worth the half-tank of gas.

PnyKlr said:
With the money you'd save, it would be worth the half-tank of gas.

Unless that half tank ends up costing $40-50+!

Find out how large the show will be and if any good breeders will be there. I'm guessing that in New York the expos are something to get excited about. I've gone to some local expos that would have been very disappointing if I'd driven 3 hours for them... but .. I live in Eugene,OR. heh

I'll admit that even the small expos I've been to (maybe 5 or 6 booths) have been pretty exciting.

Back