CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

"Lava Lavenders" Number 16 is a possibility!

Old 07-13-2004, 11:43 PM   #11
leia
I love the look of that anery......I love the contrast.

I don't know much about the fancy morphs and doubt I'll own one, so I don't really know anything about the other genetics, but at least you are intrieged.

I love pictures of brand new babys, they just look so cute.

Old 07-14-2004, 03:33 AM   #12
ecreipeoj
Finally, we have lift off!

Three normals and an Anery emerged from their eggs today and still no nose poking out of this egg. I fed snakes all night and thought that I would check one more time. He finally decided it was his time.

Considering the make up of the rest of the clutch, I would have to say that this is a Lava Lavender. There were no Amels in the clutch, so this is probably not an Opal. There wasn’t any Lava’s either, except for two Ice Ghost, but from what I can see here, it resembles a Hypo Lavender. Now all I have to do is hope that it is healthy and viable.

I took some photos with the flash and blinded the poor thing, but they came out OK. I will get some more photos in the morning light coming in my door way in the morning.

Old 07-14-2004, 11:22 AM   #13
ecreipeoj
Morning Light

These photos are better. A couple of its siblings were out of the egg, which included this Lavender. The Lavenders from this clutch have a reddish cast to them, but are fairly normal looking other than that. The Lava Lavender was farther out of the egg when I looked and is most simular in appearance to a Hypo Lavender. Body shot, will be coming soon.

Old 07-14-2004, 02:40 PM   #14
ecreipeoj
Head and neck shot

Like a new father, I couldn’t resist. I think I have my camera I bought a year ago figured out now that it is getting obsolete. Now, I just need to make some cool backgrounds for the photos.

Here are a couple head and neck shots. I have to say that I am not disappointed! They are definitely pink and similar to the “Cotton Candy” type hypos.

Old 07-14-2004, 08:34 PM   #15
Simon
Yee Ah~~!!!
Now thats what I really want to see.
I agree with you Joe. Now that looks more like a Lava Lavender. With that amount of pink in it, I would say that you're right. But of course, we still have to do a lot of breed testings in order to figure out if this is really the true Lava Lavender. Hope that its going to be healthy and a male. I like the 'blueish' tint it has on the forehead. Really nice tone~~ Awesome~ now you can send it to me~

Old 07-14-2004, 09:38 PM   #16
ecreipeoj
A One of a Kind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon
Awesome~ now you can send it to me~
Well, I probably won’t do that, but you can come visit her any time and I will put you to work feeding her for room and board.

She is out and would not sit still for a moment for a photo session. She is perfectly healthy which was all I was hoping for. A male would have been nice, but hopefully one will still come in one of the next clutches.

The rest of her body looks the same as her neck. Mainly, pink with some left over lavender pattern. She has the Lava Hypo trade mark blue “V” on her head, so I would have to say she is a one of a kind Lava Lavender. There is just too much lavender left to be an Opal. I suspected that a Lava Lavender would be somewhere in between an Opal and Hypo Lavender and she seems to be just that.

There are 16 more eggs due to hatch soon and both females double clutched, so by the time they all hatch, I don’t think any test breeding will be necessary.

Old 07-15-2004, 09:55 AM   #17
Hurley
Congrats on her, Joe! She's a beauty. Can't wait to see what pops out of the remaining clutches. I'm pulling for a few pairs for you.

Old 07-15-2004, 01:33 PM   #18
ecreipeoj
Thank you,
It will be very interesting to see if I get any more Lava Lav, Ice Ghost and especially any more that have the blue extending down their bodies. I can't wait until the first ones shed, so I can see how much of it is retained.

Old 07-15-2004, 08:48 PM   #19
Simon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecreipeoj
Well, I probably won’t do that, but you can come visit her any time and I will put you to work feeding her for room and board.
Can I come and live with you instead? I'll come and feed for you anyday~

with so many snakes I want I really wouldn't mind working for you until you will give up in giving them to me since I am going to bug you until you give in~~

muhahahaha

Old 07-22-2004, 08:49 PM   #20
ecreipeoj
Another Lava Lavender!

The second clutch of Hets for Lava Lav X Same are hatching. This female is not het for Anery A and the clutch is very lacking in visible morphs, but there was one that is special.

The clutch only contained one Lavender and another Lava Lavender! All the rest are normals. I guess they are most likely a little more that 66% possible hets, since there should have been a couple more Lavenders and a few Lavas out of 16 eggs. By the way, the first clutch only contained 14 eggs, so just change the number in the title of this thread to “14”.

This Lava Lavender looks very similar to the first one. It is perhaps a little lighter and seems to have less left over lavender color, but is equally as pink as the first one. They are about the pinkest hatchling that I have seen.

The first clutch has just about all shed, but of course the Lava Lavender will be the last one. The blue on the Anery A’s seems to be lessoned by the shed, but the Ice Ghost have retained quite a bit of it. I will post photos when they all shed. Hopefully, I will be able to get some group shots.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google