• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Yellow jackets...

And hopefully the raccoons get stung a lot, because I hate them. Evil predators.

Not so much...their fur is pretty thick and the yellow jackets can't seem to sting them enough to make them move on.

Bears are the true experts around here with digging up yellow jackets nests but raccoons and skunks will do a good number on them as well.

Raccoons

And hopefully the raccoons get stung a lot, because I hate them. Evil predators.
5 years ago,1 came in my house through the cat door at 3 am looking to eat the cat food-room mate chased it out with a broom :smash: :smash:

Before you go spraying stuff, you should probably find out WHERE the nest is first.
If its way up in your attic (and theyre burrowing through your walls or something), then spraying the entrance isnt going to do much since they could probably find another way out.

I would probably consult with the local conservation office, animal control, or pest control (if you can find one thats nice enough to give you ideas instead of saying "we can do it for this price but you cant do it yourself"), first, get some ideas on how to take care of it "eco friendly" and cheaply.

Then if you cant get the nest out by yourself they usually get bigger during the fall and then taper off because of the cold climate changes.
Then just wall up the place and the larva will most likely die.

Although, me personally, I hate them very very much and would probably call Vex Con (from the A&E extermination show.. tattoos and gothic clothing lol). XD

I think that after someone has a swarm of yellow jackets come out to attack them and a lawn mower full force they won't care if jet fuel is used. Yellow jackets are highly aggressive and territorial and demand respect. A night time raid on them is the best way to go. With what ever is used to take em out.

jet fuel?

I think that after someone has a swarm of yellow jackets come out to attack them and a lawn mower full force they won't care if jet fuel is used. Yellow jackets are highly aggressive and territorial and demand respect. A night time raid on them is the best way to go. With what ever is used to take em out.

you obviously don't care about ecology :realhot::realhot::realhot:

Not really gonna debate it, I care about nature but also am allergic so what works to get them gone works. After you get attacked by a nest of em then we will see how you feel then.

Yeah, sure, and wind up being sued for pulling something like that.

I hope you are not serious about wanting to put someone else in harm's way.......

No kidding. If someone pulled that on my child, there would be an extreme and swift reaction on my part.

see you in the ER :wavey::wavey:

Youre an idiot.
If you really cared about the ecosystem around the area, you wouldnt suggest burning an entire house down.
Think of what that does to the air quality, not to mention the people and animals living IN the house as well.

Gasoline may not be the most eco responsible way of going about getting rid of a nest of hornets, yellow jackets, honey bees, or any other insect with a stinging a**, but it may be effective and prevents the harm to any other human beings.

My husband once told me, humans came first, then your pets.
If the bees moved into my apartment your damn straight id probably use any and all methods to get rid of them, even if that includes putting gas on them.

But, I still think that you should use natural means of destruction.

Such as this: http://www.herbs2000.com/herbs/herbs_pyrethrum.htm
Its made from flowers and is completely harmless to the ecology of the surrounding area, but it also gets rid of harmful insects quite quickly.
Another link of information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrethrum
Its made from PLANTS. Therefore, it cant be harmful to the ecosystem.

So stop your blathering about harming the wildlife and ecosystem around wherever Rich lives, because it is his house and his wasp nest, so if hes going to get rid of it any way he pleases, it should be none of your concern.
You should probably be more concerned about your local ecosystem instead of someone else's.

But, I still think that you should use natural means of destruction.

Such as this: http://www.herbs2000.com/herbs/herbs_pyrethrum.htm
Its made from flowers and is completely harmless to the ecology of the surrounding area, but it also gets rid of harmful insects quite quickly.
Another link of information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrethrum
Its made from PLANTS. Therefore, it cant be harmful to the ecosystem.

Just because it is made from plants does not necessarily make it safe. If it is going to kill yellow jackets it will also kill other non-target insects. Therefore, it would stand to reason that if it is taking out species that are in the ecosystem it is in essence harming the ecosystem.

obviously you don't understand sarcasm :nope::nope::nope:go sell some snakes
it sure is easy to push people here over the edge!

Why are you complaining, what result did you expect after pretty much trolling this thread? It's one thing to say once 'hey, maybe you should reconsider because that's not safe for the environment' but constantly shooting down ideas and getting overly dramatic is just irritating.

Personally, I like the idea of starting a wasp vs. raccoon war. Just be sure to set up a webcam first. :uzi:

Was stung by a wasp once as a child, can't stand the little monsters now. I know they serve a purpose in nature, I just wish they'd serve their purpose away from me!

obviously you don't understand sarcasm :nope::nope::nope:go sell some snakes
it sure is easy to push people here over the edge!

Well here I go blunt again, but you really need to pick better places to be sarcastic. Rich starts a legit thread about yellow jackets and you chide in with sarcastic rude comments.

Back