• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

blizzard wont eat

jvbernard

hi everyone now i know its probably way to early to worry but i got my new female blizzard on monday ( from snakebreeder.com ) and going by her records that came with her she hasnt eaten sine the 4th (11 days) i gave her a couple days to settle in her new container, then tried to feed her but over the next 2 days but she has refused on both occasions, her temps seem fine 80-84 by day and 75-80 by night, i just wondered if any one had any suggestions, i did think about leaving one in over night but werent sure if this would cause any health risks

Give her another 5 days to settle in, no handling, only changing the water as needed. Make sure there is a nice thermo-gradient across the Viv, going into the high 80s on the hot side won't hurt so long as the cold side is close to or less then 70. Also make sure there are lots of hides to minimize stress. Toilet paper tubes are excellent for this. If she's a hatchling then a deli cup with a lid can be perfect for feeding, place her into the cup, put the pinkie in and put the lid on (make sure there's holes to breath) then put the whole thing back in the cage in teh middle of the gradient so it doesn't get to hot. leave her in it over night. I find that so long as I can elicite a strike from my snakes they'll usually hang on if you let go of the food item at that instant. Best of luck.

Back