• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My corn snake Ruby kills Adult male mouse.

I would care about that as well...I would never teach my kids to hunt and kill just for the sake of hunting and killing I hate birds with a passion of a thousand burning suns, but I wouldn't enjoy killing them. Killing my mice is not something I enjoy, but since I keep snakes and snakes eat mice, I guess I can justify it. Or maybe not.

4843573_gal.jpg

I know people who who eat guinea pigs.. ??

I have at least a few customers at my store who raise guinea pigs for food. They take excellent care of their animals...feed them well, and even buy toys for them at my store. I would think it unjustified if they were charged with cruelty, and I hope that wouldn't be the case. :(

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Emily that man is so messed up. Words don't even explain how much I hate that guy now. After all Christine does call me slush puppy :waves:

I'm not defending. I'm not attacking. But here are some things i've done. I'm not proud of all of them.

-I've salted slugs. (I spent a considerable part of my youth in the Pacific NW-- Almost every kid salts a slug or two. They're garden pests.)

-I've fed thousands of live mice to snakes a hundred years ago. I even enjoyed watching, early on (I developed a dislike for rodents after seeing numerous examples of cannibalism and infanticide).

-I used to buy bulk live mice and DROWN them. I was young, my conscience wasn't well developed, and I was a jerk. I stopped, eventually.

-My high-school friend and I used to draw songbirds into his driveway with an Audobon whistle. Then we'd shoot bb guns at them. We mostly missed, but after I shot a mourning dove through the chest (not exactly a game bird), I stopped that business.

I've cervically dislocated rodents, thrown mice into pillowcases and whacked them against walls, I've fed live fish to garters, I've fed deformed corn hatchlings to kingsnakes...

I'm not proud of these things; but I'm not a monster. Most of these things I wouldn't think of doing today. Some, I might. Non-vegetarians who keep carnivorous pets can't afford to be too judgemental.

I think we all can admit to these things... growing and learning.. but... after awhile the right and wrong come in. I think all humans have that torture gene. Some know it and some not so much yet. How to control it though. Children vs animals can be a cute or horror moment. LOL I use to tie rocks to moles and toss them in a bucket of water cause I was sick of them.. I was young and now OMG! the thought of drowning to death "Shiver" A pinkie for a penny... YUMMY!!!!

What I feel bad for the most is the Tequilla worm... Man, I would love to swim in an ocean of that. Might not matter to drown that way ??? **ponders**

I don't think I'd like to be fermented and dared to be eaten though.

I control it with f/t mice. They are already dead and my snakes treat them as if they were living. 0.o

I have at least a few customers at my store who raise guinea pigs for food. They take excellent care of their animals...feed them well, and even buy toys for them at my store. I would think it unjustified if they were charged with cruelty, and I hope that wouldn't be the case. :(

I know right? People eat rabbits and you don't hear rabbit show people complaining. wonders if they taste like pork???? ham?? LOL!!!!!!!!!

From what I've heard, dog is rather grainy, and cat is more "sour". Mind you, this is info I got from my dad. (He was in the Vietnam war, and that's what he was served one night)

I'm really sorry about saying all that, but it sounded worse than what it meant!

A couple of quotes, that I feel sounded like what you really meant, because I don't know what else you could have meant!

I just like to hunt. I used to shoot wasp and lizards with a BB gun in my backyard. I have now moved up to shooting water turtles with a .22. It helps me with my aim, so I don't wound deer. Nothing is wrong with that...at all.

Have you ever tried plinking cans?

Of course I have killed things...Who cares though?

It's not the fact that you killed, but the reason for it. If it's for no reason at all, then.......

1. Feeding live is not "sick." I think its amazing to watch a snake attack and kill an anole the way it would in the wild. Its enjoyable.

2. I love to hunt. I enjoy killing deer, it makes me happy.

You claimed in a previous post, that you didn't mean it, the way it sounds. What does this mean?

I never said that, and if I did, I did not mean it that way.

And I am not giving them a bad name at all! It is not my reason for treating animals badly at all! I do not treat animals badly!

:toiletgra

Which is it? Do you care about whether an animals suffers or don't you? Can't have it both ways!

Wayne

I never said that, and if I did, I did not mean it that way.

And I am not giving them a bad name at all! It is not my reason for treating animals badly at all! I do not treat animals badly! First...a few questions for yall.

1. Is killing a cow that was raised by us being cruel?
2. Is killing a "pet" pig we raised, cruel?

Depends on how you "KILL" them. Are you squeezing them to death or dispatching them, with a blow to the head with a bolt gun or firearm?

3. Is feeding a snake live anoles, just because I have them, cruel?

YES! Humanly euthanising them, would be better.

Which I mentioned before, I have STOPPED because I listen to everyone on this board! Will yall please just listen to me! I am not trying to cause I stink, just a discussion. So please hear me out. Just trying to defend myself. I am really gettting flamed and have had some bad things said about me!

You aren't being flamed. Your reasoning and justification for the things you do, are being questioned. That's all!

4. Is shooting a mean, stray, dog, because it has some disease, cruel?

I guess that would be a form of euthanasia? I have actually done this with Racoons and when they were tested, they came back positive for rabies. I think the cruelty, would be allowing them to suffer in that condition.

Just a few questions for you guys to answer, I am curious of the opinions!

Hope you find my opinions up to standard?

Wayne

I tried to rep ya but I think I gave your wife some first LMFAO! But Errica let me get this straight. You treat them bad therefore you don't treat them bad...wat. And why the hell are you on a herp fourm saying you shoot water turtles for fun. Go to a radicalist hunters forum!

Some people feed their snakes kittens... Who here feeds kittens?? "raise your hands!!!" Bet some would like to.... My cat's having kittens in a few days.... ANYONE NEED KITTENS?????

It's true... if you are close to me and want a kitten the mother is solid white. Both eyes are gold... :cool::cool::cool:

But anyway, this is a never ending argument.

I am saying that I will always hunt, i will always feed live, I will always be the way I am. Animals will never have the same, or close to the same, status as humans. I will always beleive what I do.

It may seem weird to most northern people, but I have received NUMEROUS PMs and Comments that say others agree with what I have to say and are glad I posted my opinion. So I will not back down, we will just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that.

I am NOT weird, strange, sadistic, pathetic, sick ect so please refrain from using those terms to discribe me. I said NOTHING like that in reply to all of you(and I Have wanted to!), so use the same respect when replying to me. Thanks in advance :)

A couple of definitions from dictionary.com

Strange: –adjective
1. unusual, extraordinary, or curious; odd; queer: a strange remark to make.
2. estranged, alienated, etc., as a result of being out of one's natural environment: In Bombay I felt strange.
3. situated, belonging, or coming from outside of one's own locality; foreign: to move to a strange place; strange religions.
4. outside of one's previous experience; hitherto unknown; unfamiliar: strange faces; strange customs.
5. unaccustomed to or inexperienced in; unacquainted (usually fol. by to): I'm strange to this part of the job.
6. distant or reserved; shy.

Weird: –adjective
1. involving or suggesting the supernatural; unearthly or uncanny: a weird sound; weird lights.

Sadistic: –noun
1. Psychiatry. sexual gratification gained through causing pain or degradation to others. Compare masochism.
2. any enjoyment in being cruel.
3. extreme cruelty.

pathetic: –adjective
1. causing or evoking pity, sympathetic sadness, sorrow, etc.; pitiful; pitiable: a pathetic letter; a pathetic sight.
2. affecting or moving the feelings.
3. pertaining to or caused by the feelings.

Just thought I would help!

Wayne

"Look a deer. Lets shoot it in the leg then we can stab it in the jugular and watch it bleed!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I always take a clean shot. If I miss my dad usually takes it out with his side arm. I still could'nt take a pistol to an animals head and fire. Not yet I have only been put in this situation once.

I have never, EVER, said ANYTHING along those lines! I have stated, in BOLD letters that I hunt for food and enjoyment of the sport. I would NEVER wound a deer on purpose EVER. If I miss or wound a deer, I will try my best to end its pain. PLEASE read all my post before saying things like this.

I actually DO care... now. I wasn't going to eat the bird-- it was just target practice (practice I DIDN'T need, because I don't hunt). Seeds and blood oozed out of its chest as it died. I felt terrible. I never did it again.

And my dad made me skin those birds and cook them. Ate them to.

I would never teach my kids to hunt and kill just for the sake of hunting and killing

And I don't kill for the sake of killing either. I HUNT FOR FOOD! Killing deer DOES NOT BOTHER ME. I DO NOT WANT TO WOUND A DEER ON PURPOSE. ANYTHING I SHOOT IS A CLEAN INSTANT KILL SHOT.

you can stop the choker now, that went way beyond a fable..... How old are you anyway???
I am 17 and this is dead honest truth. I am friends with the game warden, and he got a call on the guy and seached his house. My cousin is also a county cop, he went with them. They said he had about five or six dogs in the yard, and about 5 or 6 skinned out in the freezer. And one cat. Although they did say it COULD be a bobcat. He is a sicko of course, and I would never agreee with this. But it does happen. I'm sure he isn't the only crazy person America.

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Emily that man is so messed up. Words don't even explain how much I hate that guy now.
Yeah, its pretty messed up but its the honest truth...

THIS IS FOR MEDUSA COILS: All of your quotes are from me, yes. But let me explan.
I do enjoy hunting. When you hunt, you kill deer. I never said I enjoy killing deer in an inhumane way. I never said I enjoyed watching them suffer. Most people are just ASSUMING this is true, and it simply is not.
I DID NOT mean I ENJOY watching animals suffer...never, ever said that. So lets get facts straight and stop passing judgment. Thanks :)

But Errica let me get this straight. You treat them bad therefore you don't treat them bad...wat. And why the hell are you on a herp fourm saying you shoot water turtles for fun. Go to a radicalist hunters forum!
I kill animals. Yes. That is not bad. I do let the game animals I shoot at suffer on purpose. That would be bad. (Discount the SLUG, I was FIVE.)

A couple of definitions from dictionary.com

Strange: –adjective
1. unusual, extraordinary, or curious; odd; queer: a strange remark to make.
2. estranged, alienated, etc., as a result of being out of one's natural environment: In Bombay I felt strange.
3. situated, belonging, or coming from outside of one's own locality; foreign: to move to a strange place; strange religions.
4. outside of one's previous experience; hitherto unknown; unfamiliar: strange faces; strange customs.
5. unaccustomed to or inexperienced in; unacquainted (usually fol. by to): I'm strange to this part of the job.
6. distant or reserved; shy.

Weird: –adjective
1. involving or suggesting the supernatural; unearthly or uncanny: a weird sound; weird lights.

Sadistic: –noun
1. Psychiatry. sexual gratification gained through causing pain or degradation to others. Compare masochism.
2. any enjoyment in being cruel.
3. extreme cruelty.

pathetic: –adjective
1. causing or evoking pity, sympathetic sadness, sorrow, etc.; pitiful; pitiable: a pathetic letter; a pathetic sight.
2. affecting or moving the feelings.
3. pertaining to or caused by the feelings.

Just thought I would help!

That post was TOTALLY and COMPLETELY uncalled for.

If I was mod, I would put ANYONE on probabtion ect for saying those things.

If any of you can't be nice and CIVIL (I have NEVER called anyone ANYTHING on this thread...EVER! Even when I have WANTED to) then DO NOT REPLY.

But why shoot the turtles!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!???!?!?!?!?!
IDK. They eat all the fish out of our pond. We pay good money for those fish and I would rather eat them than let the turtle have them.

If you were a mod I would ban myself!
You have to agree, that post was completely uncalled for....COMPLETELY

Back