• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

how far north?

There's a good reptile rescue in NJ...

That could update you on all of the laws there. I actually adopted a couple of my snakes from there...one of them being an anery. The rescue is called All-Species-Reptile-Rescue. I was under the impression that you just couldn't own any "normal" corns. And that no corns could be bred there just in case a normal corn was produced. Rachel should be able to help you out.

NJ is full of morons in their government. I have friends (no quotes) that live there and keep corns and never have a problem and even normal ones. I even know some that breed them (under the table of course).

NJ law ranks up there with CA law for stupidity both as it relates to animals and other subjects like um I don't know say um gun control.

Jersey COrns

I have to agree with the former Moron post above. I just recently moved to Jersey and to be totally within the law, I am not supposed to have any black eyes morphs at all. ONly albino morphs. But that is only if you get caught. ANd on a side note, the railroad is responsible for the huge lack of corns form the south up to the jersey area. They must have stowed away and made it here. The farthest I have seen them is actually in a park in Mantua, NJ. Other thna that I Have not seen any. ANy herpers from south Jersey feel free to drop me a line.

I saw a post a while back where someone had seen a Corn up here in CT.. I have yet to see them or hear about it myself.. hmm go figure :shrugs:

For you PA guys As far as laws in PA what are they and where can i find them im looking into moving up there in winsdor pa in york county but if there is alot of crap i ahve to put up with than its not worth it
thanx
Adam

anyone know the laws concerning keeping/breeding/catching corns in NC? all the pet stores around here sell them and i even see black rat snakes for sale so i'm assuming it is legal.

Yes, it's probably legal. I know that it's illigal in NJ and some states somewhere else... But I never have heard about NC being illigal.
Your assumption about the pet stores is probably accurate... Still, I keep a pet that they don't allow. I keep aquatic turtles which is illigal in my state. I've had policemen at my door. They've easily seen it and did nothing.

Back