CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Photography Techniques and Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Photography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical details of how to take good pictures as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

Canon 1200 D DSLR (T5, T6)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2016, 06:17 PM   #1
Karl_Mcknight
Canon 1200 D DSLR (T5, T6)

I went walking out by the lake this morning just after sunrise and carried my Canon 1200 D with me. I talked about this camera on another thread a few days ago and was commenting on how much different Film and Digital is, especially with the Slower Lenses that usually comes with most cameras today.

Anyway, picture 1 is Looking across the lake, sun to my left. ISO - 100, Ap - F5.6, Shutter - 1/200, Focal - 75mm.

Picture 2, a Herron resting on a log. ISO - 800, Ap - F10, Shutter - 1/200, Focal 100mm.

Picture 3, A Friendly Squirrel that allowed me to get close. ISO - 3200, Ap - F4, Shutter - 1/100, Focal 85mm.

Picture 4, A Turtle on a log, not sure what type of Turtle, possibly a Slider. ISO - 200, Ap - F8, Shutter 1/500, Focal - 300mm.

And last Picture, a young Deer was browsing and I was able to get very close before she spooked and ran off. ISO - 2000, Ap - F4, Shutter - 1/160, Focal - 90mm.

Was hoping to see some snakes but not a one today.

I like this camera, but I feel that "picture 4" (the Turtle) is lacking in detail. You can't really see the vivid coloring, and if I had used a film camera with an F1.4 Lens, I know I could have obtained a better shot. But I'm happy with the others none the less.