CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Late season breeding

Old 05-12-2020, 06:07 PM   #1
GitaBooks
Late season breeding

So this year, with everything going on, our male and female didn't get put together at their usual time (March). However, they started acting like they wanted to be together in May and we decided to give it a try. They seemed interested in each other (we've never seen them breed but they have produced viable eggs in the past). We just separated them and Jack didn't eat afterwards (typical for him during the breeding season) and Jill only ate one mouse (also typical for her around the breeding season). I'm wondering, is it possible she could produce viable eggs despite the late timing? They are acting like they normally do around the breeding season, and I know Corn Snakes can breed more than once a year (so must be able to breed later in the season).

Old 05-12-2020, 06:09 PM   #2
GitaBooks
Here the two of them are together.

Old 06-13-2020, 11:54 PM   #3
GitaBooks
So apparently it worked! Jill laid 30 eggs today! Poor thing is exhausted and has lost so much weight. Hopefully a few good meals and some rest will get her back to her healthy self.

Old 06-14-2020, 04:45 PM   #4
darksidemike
Nice!! Congrats!

Old 06-15-2020, 11:52 AM   #5
hypnoctopus
Wow, 30 is a lot! Congratulations.

Old 06-15-2020, 11:05 PM   #6
SnakeCreations
Wow! That is impressive!

Congrats

-Tonya

Old 06-15-2020, 11:36 PM   #7
GitaBooks
Thanks! It's her biggest clutch so far. I think she had 26 last year.

I'm a little worried because it looks like she could have one more in her, but she was willing to eat so I thought I would give her a little more time.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google