CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

New Forum Changes

Old 10-25-2007, 10:35 PM   #1
Susan
New Forum Changes

I'm really surprised that I'm the first one to comment on them. I noticed them early this morning but didn't get a chance until now to say anything. It will take some getting used to and I don't like the idea that deleted threads are still visible. I also am not terrible fond of having to click on attachments to see them full size, or just to see them at all (some don't even show a thumbnail). The multiple quote option is really nice, and I'm not sure about that Add Infraction icon next to the reputation icon. Is this to give negative points? Now I have to go and check out the chat to see if that's different now as well.

Just looked and there is no chat at all! Hmmmmm....

Old 10-25-2007, 10:38 PM   #2
susang
Actually you're not http://cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58249
plus at least one on where's chatroom.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:53 PM   #3
Susan
I guess discussions about this site are in General Chit-Chat now...OH Well! The mods are always the last to know...

Old 10-25-2007, 11:04 PM   #4
susang
I think the problem is no one knows whats going on and it's frustating everyone. grrrrr, susang

Old 10-25-2007, 11:09 PM   #5
zwyatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
I guess discussions about this site are in General Chit-Chat now...OH Well! The mods are always the last to know...
Oh snap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
The multiple quote option is really nice
The real reason for this post was meant to be about multi-quote, because I couldn't get it to work when I tried it a couple of minutes ago. It did work in this thread. However, it seemed to want to restrict me to only quoting two messages, which shouldn't be right...

Old 10-26-2007, 04:02 AM   #6
Jessicat
I got a nice surprise when I went to brows CS at about 2am and the site was down.

I'm in general consensus with what's been said so far. Multi quote addition seems nice, but I'm not so fond of the new attachment viewing. I suppose it takes up less room on the site though and makes things run faster.

*shrug, I host all my images anyway and code them into my posts. They appear the same way they always have.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:17 PM   #7
Rich Z
The attachment thumbnails display was not intentional. It must be the default in the install procedure. The server this site is on has enough disk space and bandwidth where such things are not really an issue. As soon as I can find that option, I will put it the way it should be, displaying inline images without the necessity of clicking on a thumbnail.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google