• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Making a multiple wooden vivarium stack.

Enora

Questions. Would 2.5 foot wide by 2 foot deep by 1.5 foot tall be good for corn snakes, or should I stick with the 42 by 24 size per snake I've already built one of (pictured). I keep getting mixed info about what's really best for them, and some people keep telling me to do smaller per snake. I don't quite have enough room to go bigger then 5 feet max width.
a30db3f5fc4a46f30e42a567ffb9eab3.jpg
2ddd2de687383b48546ac42edf763ac9.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

If you intend to keep adult corns they would like more space to roam, provided there are sufficient hides for them to enter. A 5 foot adult is not unusual and I see 4 footers for sale all the time. Snakes typically don't like to expose themselves to predators by crossing expanses of open ground. Captive bred and raised corns still prefer the safety of plants and hides, something easily provided in the units you build. I can't tell from the picture, but when I built my own cages I lined them with melamine sheets so I could easily wash them down.

I think I will just do 4 foot by 2 foot, per snake.
Temporary dividers in the middle to make them fell more secure till they are older, perhaps? Currently working on a 48x24x18 for my sister's milk snake, but when it's finished I'll get the materials I need for mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Robert Applegate has some interesting ideas on cages. https://www.amazon.com/General-Care...d=1499807549&sr=1-6&keywords=Robert+Applegate

IMO, the bottom of a set of cages should be at least 2 feet off the floor. Because a cage on the floor is hard to heat. And kneeling to clean a floor-level cage gets hard on your knees and back real quick. And someday a cage set will need moving, so care must be taken to make it small enough to get it through a door. One dimension should be no more than 28 inches.

Good luck.

Back