• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Progression thread: Cleo the Butter Motley

That is one beautiful corn, and a terrific camera close-up shot too. I'll bet that camera costs as much as my whole snake collection.

That is one beautiful corn, and a terrific camera close-up shot too. I'll bet that camera costs as much as my whole snake collection.

Thank you. I love her dearly. As to the camera it is the 2x optical lens of the iPhone 7 Plus. I take most of my snake pics with the phone because it is most handy and I still don't have a macro lens for my dSLR. Also, I can hold the phone in one hand. (My phone and dSLR cost about the same if I recall)

Nicely done, Cleo! Such a beautiful girl

Thank you. I've said it before, but she is my little girly girl. She seems to know how pretty she is!

Wow, now I can see the advantage of a good iPhone. I saw an advertisement that showed a lens on an iPhone but didn't believe the picture quality would be that good.

Happy 2nd Birthday Cleo!

Cleo turned two yesterday (August 28, 2017)! She was still digesting so the celebration and this post had to wait a day.

I still remember the little six week old noodle I brought home from Tinley in October 2015. Seems like yesterday. She was already a healthy 14 grams. She shed the first night she was home. She's still my champion shedder, producing the most beautiful, complete, pure white sheds. She was a reluctant feeder with me at first, but I simulated the bin she was used to in the breeding facility by feeding in a covered deli cup. Soon she was taking the mouse from the tongs and when we got to hoppers she started vigorously constricting.

She's full of life and personality. She still has the mystery bumps that I discovered last fall, but they seem smaller when they do appear which seems not as often. She will get a check up with the vet in October.

Between our eclipse trip to Tennessee and her 8 day feeding schedule (she's a hungry growing snake and I follow her lead) I haven't had her out much for the last two weeks. She was "miss perpetual motion" today. So these are not the greatest pictures I've ever gotten, but at least I have some to memorialize this milestone.

In her first year she grew to 134 grams. I was looking to double that in her second year and amazingly she weighed 267 just before her feeding 3 days ago.

Feeding her is a hoot. I thaw her mouse in cold water and then warm it in warm water. I can no longer have the mouse out of the water before I put her in her feeding bin. This time even that wasn't enough! I opened the plastic container with the mouse and before I could even pat it dry with a paper towel she was flying out of the feeding bin and getting ready to bob for the mouse! I got it in the tongs just in time and she struck and constricted halfway out of the feeding bin. I just gently lifted her and the mouse back to the bin. I don't think she noticed. Her current feeding schedule is a 15 gram mouse every 8 days.

So there you have a brief picture of life with Cleo at age two. She is amazing and I just love her to pieces!

4vrDOYrh.jpg

xls7fKNh.jpg

pIDIcMXh.jpg

kQnNN0fh.jpg

A5B5bKqh.jpg

t2ShjJ4h.jpg

K6Yxxoah.jpg

hdW1OaMh.jpg

Happy Birthday, Cleo! You're growing into a beautifu young lady...with impeccable manners
Lol
(It's good to keep your mom on her toes)

Cleo turned two yesterday ..........

Feeding her is a hoot...........
I opened the plastic container with the mouse and before I could even pat it dry with a paper towel she was flying out of the feeding bin and getting ready to bob for the mouse! I got it in the tongs just in time and she struck and constricted halfway out of the feeding bin. I just gently lifted her and the mouse back to the bin. I don't think she noticed. Her current feeding schedule is a 15 gram mouse every 8 days.

So there you have a brief picture of life with Cleo at age two. She is amazing and I just love her to pieces!

Well Happy birthday Miss Cleo!

And it's too bad you didn't have that feeding on video. Sounds like my kind of movie.

For several months I feel like I haven't gotten as many pictures of my girl Cleo. She's always on the move, though the deliberate adult kind of move. She's well out of the flighty youngster phase and is definitely a young lady.

Before her feeding on Monday she weighed 272 grams. She is my most enthusiastic eater and is on an 8 day feeding schedule to accommodate her obvious need to grow right now. She's eating small adult mice. I have a feeling she will slow a bit as the days grow shorter and the house is a little cooler at night.

BgXLbDvh.jpg

qDSsQf5h.jpg

OCvg7Roh.jpg

fb9r1qwh.jpg

cVcqReJh.jpg

52KXNzqh.jpg

d7ncpkVh.jpg

5ezIyA3h.jpg

love the 1st picture with her looking up at the camera. I've had boas, ball pythons, king snakes and corn snakes, and I've got to say, Corn snakes seem to be the most curious and inquisitive, as she certainly looks that way in that picture.

love the 1st picture with her looking up at the camera. I've had boas, ball pythons, king snakes and corn snakes, and I've got to say, Corn snakes seem to be the most curious and inquisitive, as she certainly looks that way in that picture.

Thanks, Karl! I haven't kept the other species you have, but I agree with your impression of corn snakes. That picture to me captures her personality.

I also think Cleo takes her lead from Rufus. I know sometimes I catch her on my iPad looking at Rufus's progression. ;)

Finally I can see the pictures! They show up as little blank squares when I'm in the school buildings. Cleo isn't a baby anymore...she is a beautiful, vibrant young lady. You've grown her up well, DollysMom.

She's looking great,
Gail. Definitely not starving that's for sure. She looks to be at the right weight but you're right, it's getting cooler now. Things may slow down.

She thinks she's starving, Ken, but I do stick to the schedule and don't let the pouty face get to me.

There are things only experience teach, and watching the small and nuanced changes in your animals through the seasons is one of them. We start out with with the rough guidance of the Munson plan and then learn and adjust from there!

Finally I can see the pictures! They show up as little blank squares when I'm in the school buildings. Cleo isn't a baby anymore...she is a beautiful, vibrant young lady. You've grown her up well, DollysMom.

Thanks, DLena. She is quite a girl!

As to the school, it sounds like some kind of nanny software that doesn't allow pictures from some sites. It is better to err on the side of caution when young children are involved. Imgur has some pretty icky stuff on it. I only use it to host my snake pictures so I ignore the rest of it.

Oh yea, we have tons of "preemptive" software in school, yet somehow the kids find the holes...
It's so frustrating to have to wait to see what I know are great pictures, from everyone else's replies. It makes the time from lunch to out-the-door interminably long some days, but it's always worth the wait!

Back