CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Progression thread: Normal Cape African house snake

Old 09-16-2017, 05:14 PM   #371
Tavia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLena View Post
Clyde is looking very fine today.
Sorry to hijack, but how is little Nubs doing?

Old 09-16-2017, 05:58 PM   #372
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLena View Post
Clyde is looking very fine today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Mcknight View Post
Nice Closeup shots. Especially #4 & #6. Love the Pupils in #6.
Thank you both very kindly. I literally took about 300 pictures in burst mode and whittled it down to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
Sorry to hijack, but how is little Nubs doing?
No apologies necessary, Tavia. How is little Nubs doing?

Old 09-16-2017, 06:35 PM   #373
DLena
She's only done 2 ft pinkies, but thats okay, maybe when she's bigger she'll switch over for me. I still have her in a sterilite because I'm sure she could squinch her way out of a Neodesha in no time, because she zips all over the place. I have her in a taller one so she can climb her vines. She's so light the suction cups easily stay up. When she's hungry she hangs out over her warm hide, I put her meal in the hide, she zips in after it and I don't see her for a couple days. She won't come near even live if I offer it on tongs. I'm going to buy some popsicle sticks tomorrow and hot glue them into a ladder for her zip in and out of. She's incredibly fast. She has a really pretty face. Thank you for asking <3

Old 09-16-2017, 06:53 PM   #374
DollysMom
Thanks for the update, DLena. She sounds wonderful. Clyde's siblings are never off topic on his thread. He sends his little sister his best and would love some pictures when you are able!

Old 09-16-2017, 08:07 PM   #375
Karl_Mcknight
LOL.... Exactly! I didn't even know who or what "Little Nubs" was. I had no idea DLena even had one of Clyde's siblings. We need pics!......... (On Little Nubs own Thread) hahahha

Old 09-17-2017, 11:26 AM   #376
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Mcknight View Post
LOL.... Exactly! I didn't even know who or what "Little Nubs" was. I had no idea DLena even had one of Clyde's siblings. We need pics!......... (On Little Nubs own Thread) hahahha
And for anyone else who may wonder, here is little Nubs's thread before she went to her new home with DLena!

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...il#post1725594

Old 09-30-2017, 11:24 AM   #377
DollysMom
These are some of my best pictures ever of Clyde finger wrapping. The way that housies do this is one of the most endearing things about these little guys (and my little male will always be a small snake).

I haven't measured him lately but he weighed 108 grams last week. I know by his behavior that he's sexually mature but at just over two years old he may still grow just a little. The space between his scales is because he is wrapping so tight. You can see him squish the skin on my thumb in the second picture. It doesn't hurt, but he is strong for his size.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:29 AM   #378
Karl_Mcknight
I love constrictors. They are the best snakes in my opinion.

Will Clyde sit that way in your hand for extended periods of time now, or is he still flighty?

Old 09-30-2017, 12:20 PM   #379
DollysMom
Thanks, Karl. He is a great little constrictor. He will sit wrapped for a long time if undisturbed.

Overall, when put down he will sit for a while and then take off like a bat out of hell, unlike a corn snake of the same age who will move much more predictably. Then again they are truly nocturnal and I'm sure a wide open living room floor in the middle of the day doesn't seem very safe to a snake that uses the cover of darkness to hunt and move from place to place.

Old 09-30-2017, 01:39 PM   #380
Karl_Mcknight
yeah, I understand but was more interested in the "How he behaves while being handled" aspect. For example when Rufus was a baby, he was quite squirmy and had to be firmly held. But now today, he will calmly wrap around my neck or arm and sit for hours if I was to let him. Just wondered if House snakes were the same way, of if Clyde would try to bolt after a moment or two?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google