CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

My first snake! Any advice?

Old 08-30-2017, 02:28 PM   #1
Showard
My first snake! Any advice?

Kundalini arrived today from Mt Pleasant Herps. He seems in good shape and is checking out his home. He is in a 20L tank with plenty of hiding places and a hide that is over the side with the uth. It is in the 70s on the cool side, in the low 80s under the hide. When do you think I should offer him a meal? Or any advice in general?

Old 08-30-2017, 02:39 PM   #2
kalel5011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showard View Post
Kundalini arrived today from Mt Pleasant Herps. He seems in good shape and is checking out his home. He is in a 20L tank with plenty of hiding places and a hide that is over the side with the uth. It is in the 70s on the cool side, in the low 80s under the hide. When do you think I should offer him a meal? Or any advice in general?
Awesome, he looks so cool. I'd let him settle in and not mess with him at all in the first week imo. Others may tell you differently.

But can the seller tell you the list time he was fed? If so, just schedule it five to seven days after that. Feed in a separate container/area. Put back in his home and leave him be for about forty eight hours then begin handling him. Just give him time to digest his food. And don't trip about where he goes to rest during digestion. As long as you've got good radiant temps, he'll know where he wants to be for his own comfort.

Good luck!!! Keep getting advice and posting pics.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google