CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Corn regerg & shed update.

Old 09-29-2017, 07:37 PM   #1
LionessModeling
Corn regerg & shed update.

* Recap *
My anery had regerged twice when I fed him then 3 days after the 2nd regerg he shed (I am new to snake keeping and didn't realize he was in blue) but since he shed he's been keeping his meal down.
The tanks main area is room temp (23°C)
The heated hide temp keeps going from 24°C - 29°C it had a heat pad that's attached to the underside of the tank. (I think the temp fluctuation is because the anery ends up laying on top of the thermostat in the hide some times *thermostat is a digital one with a wire that rests on the floor of the hide*)

* Update *
Been just over 50 hours with no regerg since eating after his shed.
He came out last night and had a nice long drink then went back into the hide

I need to get a heat lamp bulb for the double bulb fixture for the tank.
I also need to get a 2nd 40gal tank to separate the 2 corns as they are sharing a tank and that's how their previous owner kept them and how I bought them from her.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Old 09-29-2017, 10:16 PM   #2
LionessModeling
He's just over 4 years old from what I was told by the previous owner.

It's been roughly 72 hours now since he was fed and hasn't regerged so that good because last 2 times he did it was the day after he ate that he regerged

Old 09-29-2017, 10:17 PM   #3
Corning
Oh good. Glad he's keeping it down. That must be a real relief for you. The fist time I feed cotton he regurgitated and I was freaked for like 2 weeks till I fed him and he kept it down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 09-29-2017, 10:18 PM   #4
LionessModeling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corning View Post
Oh good. Glad he's keeping it down. That must be a real relief for you. The fist time I feed cotton he regurgitated and I was freaked for like 2 weeks till I fed him and he kept it down

Yep I just got them a few weeks ago so I'm still learning the ins and outs

Old 09-29-2017, 10:23 PM   #5
Corning
Corns are resilient you will get into a routine with them and then their personality will begin to shine. Good luck!

Old 09-29-2017, 10:28 PM   #6
LionessModeling
My blood red striped corn aurora is doing great eating normally and very active and friendly lots of personality.
My anery is having some issues with feedinh but getting them slowly sorted out.

Also having issues with heating the viv/tank/habitat I need to get a heat lamp bulb and heat rock and another 40gal tank

Old 09-29-2017, 10:28 PM   #7
LionessModeling
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessModeling View Post
My blood red striped corn aurora is doing great eating normally and very active and friendly lots of personality.
My anery george is having some issues with feedinh but getting them slowly sorted out.

Also having issues with heating the viv/tank/habitat I need to get a heat lamp bulb and heat rock and another 40gal tank

Old 09-29-2017, 11:07 PM   #8
Corning
I use hydromat jumpstart heat mat thermostat. It's $20 on amazon. I hot glued the wire for it down the corner of the tank and on top of the glass where the heat mat is. It turns the mat on and off. I have a hide on the warm side and one on the cool side. I don't think they need heat lamps. They self regulate. Move to the cool or warm side as needed.

Old 09-29-2017, 11:24 PM   #9
LionessModeling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corning View Post
I use hydromat jumpstart heat mat thermostat. It's $20 on amazon. I hot glued the wire for it down the corner of the tank and on top of the glass where the heat mat is. It turns the mat on and off. I have a hide on the warm side and one on the cool side. I don't think they need heat lamps. They self regulate. Move to the cool or warm side as needed.

Yeah but my heat mat isn't working proper

Old 10-01-2017, 08:35 PM   #10
kalel5011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessModeling View Post
My anery is having some issues with feedinh but getting them slowly sorted out.

I would not recommend a heat rock under any circumstance. Those things can cause burns so badly. Stick with heat mat and bulbs until you figure it out. And yes, i would split them up, eventually. Small steps. Snakes don't show feelings in the traditional sense. If you have space and money, give them their own room. Good luck!

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google