CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Question please help!

Old 09-30-2014, 04:04 AM   #51
bruce mccollum
Ok awesome thanks i found it! Again thanks so much for everything!

Old 10-02-2014, 10:28 PM   #52
bruce mccollum
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412303314.654640.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  314.8 KB this is the tape right?

Old 10-02-2014, 10:43 PM   #53
daddio207
NOPE LOL

That's just silver duct tape. It wont stand up to the heat and if it lifts up then your snake could get stuck in the glue residue.

This

Old 10-02-2014, 10:46 PM   #54
daddio207
You could hot glue the wire (not the tip) down quickly just don't melt the wire or silicone it down but you will have to remove the snake for 24 hours as the fumes are toxic!

Old 10-02-2014, 11:05 PM   #55
bruce mccollum
Ok but the guy that helped me at the hardware store said it withstands heat i don't think it's just silver duck tape

Old 10-02-2014, 11:06 PM   #56
bruce mccollum
But I mean you know best i don't want risk anything!

Old 10-02-2014, 11:37 PM   #57
daddio207
Hmmm I'm definitely not a duct tape expert but I'd be hesitant to use any thread based tape. It has to withstand the heat 24/7/365+ .
It's the what if ? What if it comes loose and your snake gets stuck to it. Removing it from the snake could do a lot of harm. We try to avoid the use of any tape inside the tank for this reason. I know that the aluminum tape will withstand the heat and stay put.
I can't advise you to use what you got not being familiar it. That is your call.

Old 10-03-2014, 06:36 AM   #58
smigon
Didn't it come with a suction cup? I use that or a really heavy rock to hold mine down. I check their positioning every time I spot clean so it isn't a big chore or anything, and if you want to move it it is easy to do.

I know the yellow thermometers come with a suction cup, if the thermostat didn't you can usually find them in the bathroom aisle.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:29 AM   #59
daddio207
Quote:
Originally Posted by smigon View Post
Didn't it come with a suction cup? I use that or a really heavy rock to hold mine down. I check their positioning every time I spot clean so it isn't a big chore or anything, and if you want to move it it is easy to do.

I know the yellow thermometers come with a suction cup, if the thermostat didn't you can usually find them in the bathroom aisle.
I find that the heat usually dries the suction cup out and it won't stick after a while. A little silicone under the suction cup helps keep it there. My only concern is if the snake moves the un-suction thermostat probe to a position causing it to go full on at a time it wouldn't be noticed for a while.
I LIKE the rock idea That's a good KISS LOL (Keep It Simple Stupid)

I've learned that the more unlikely it is to happen, with a snake IT WILL !

Old 10-04-2014, 08:29 PM   #60
bruce mccollum
Ok awesome I'll use a rock instead! And for some reason my suction cup doesn't work!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google