• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

His first live one!

Me too! He'd be my best little friend for life. I kind of want a mouse, the frozen ones are adorable and I always thank them mentally for their sacrifice. Swear to god. Lol.

I've gotten a few weird looks from telling a frozen mouse, "The end if your life shall to help another" lol

There would have been more tolerance and patience without Legion egging the thread on, firfly.

Wait, so just because someone (whom I'm hearing is a troll but not really acting like it from what I see) was doing something annoying, that means everyone else the right to be a-holes? That's not very mature.

Me too! He'd be my best little friend for life. I kind of want a mouse, the frozen ones are adorable and I always thank them mentally for their sacrifice. Swear to god. Lol.

My.brother bought a live mouse to feed his ball.python (couldn't talk him out of it) so.now I have a pet mouse

Like I said I read from start to finish, I realize what you are saying, the same holds true on any forum. However the members here that know this could have stopped alot. Its kind of like my parents said, just shake your head and hold your tounge if you have nothing which is neither nice or constructive to add other wise you are part of the problem not a solution. I just wanted everyone here to know that the newbies are reading and learning how you react to a question or post. When they read such an attack you cut off your chances of educating the young herper for fear of reticule when they make a mistake. My son is the reason I am here he has studied and learned much from all of you. I just think maybe everyone should step back and realize some of your members are not adults, they are learning and you are very much teachers.

I really wish more people thought like this. There's a certain point where it becomes less about teaching and more about having to be right, get the last word in and force others to think the way you do.
Think before you reply and if it's driven by emotion and is for one of the above motives... don't post.

Wait, so just because someone (whom I'm hearing is a troll but not really acting like it from what I see) was doing something annoying, that means everyone else the right to be a-holes? That's not very mature.

That is absolutely NOT what I said.

Legion ADMITTED HIMSELF that he is often trolling. Most of the angry responses were in response to HIM and his word choices such as calling us bleeding hearts, or saying that we don't used sound or reasoned arguments as to why feeding live is detrimental, plus the rather disturbing fact that he gets off by watching something die.

Mr Itchypants, the last post I made was an apology 4 pages ago. GET OVER IT!!! Glad you want to leave. Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you!!

Katie, so glad you are back! I have really missed you!!!

PM, I need to rep that post.

Edited to say, I hope the drunken troll is not a liar as well as as cruel horrible pet owner. I hope he really is gone for good, but I suspect the next time he is drunk he will be back a'trollin'. And something tells me he get drunk often....

Thanks Beth, I missed being here but not threads like this lol.

I think it's time for this thread to die.

That is absolutely NOT what I said.

Legion ADMITTED HIMSELF that he is often trolling. Most of the angry responses were in response to HIM and his word choices such as calling us bleeding hearts, or saying that we don't used sound or reasoned arguments as to why feeding live is detrimental, plus the rather disturbing fact that he gets off by watching something die.

Ah. Well, that still doesn't mean everyone can start losing their temper. If he was throwing insults and flaming, he should have been given a suspension or perma-ban, or other suitable punishment.

Ah. Well, that still doesn't mean everyone can start losing their temper. If he was throwing insults and flaming, he should have been given a suspension or perma-ban, or other suitable punishment.

I don't know why you are so surprised about this. You have read the whole thread right? If you, you should have seen the progression... In threads like this, this ending is usually inevitable, not that I in any way am saying it is right. But, you have been here long enough to have seen this a few times.

True, but I would have figured that this would have been nipped away by now since I'm not very active on the site and haven't been for the past year or so. And this crap disturbs me every time I see it. I don't recommend the site to anyone because of it.

I always recommend this site. And I warn people too. I tell them that usually discussions about live feeding and cohabitation turns bad, and that there are plenty of debates about political/religious issues as well, so if they do not want to get in to those types of discussions, just don't post in it.

The last lady I spoke to is part of a chameleon forum, and she said that the same type of stuff goes on over there, so this is not just a CS.com phenomenon. It happens in other places as well.

Debating is fun. People enjoy doing it. Even those who say, "let's let this thread die," obviously get some enjoyment out of the back and forth nature of arguments because theyre still around to read them. Argumentative threads get far more participation than any other type.

Perhaps that makes me a bit "trollish". So be it :)

Im just wondering, but pinky seems little to big for your snake their. like mine is about that size and 174 grams or little more. Mine should be on adult mice by now dunno why he isnt anyways just by the looks pinkys looks small for your little buddy

Im just wondering, but pinky seems little to big for your snake their. like mine is about that size and 174 grams or little more. Mine should be on adult mice by now dunno why he isnt anyways just by the looks pinkys looks small for your little buddy

What size are you feeding your snake? At 175 grams he can definitely eat adult mice or at least weaned.

Back