• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Broken tail

Which one is not accurate, the one that they seem to always be out of? Or the sticky one I took from the other tank that measures the temps mid air because snakes can float around? Sorry poor attempt at sarcasm... I don't understand why every store near me don't carry the thermometer I need (they're always out of it & are not in a hurry to restock) or stare at me as if I've asked for something that they've never heard of. Seriously!

This is what I want & that they can't seem to have on the shelf where the sticker for it is... it always empty!

Attachments

• thermometer.jpg
    thermometer.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 74
And this is what they always have in stock (& cost 3X as much... I don't mind the price... a certain spouse does)

Attachments

• thermo hygrometre.jpg
    thermo hygrometre.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 73
If you think that exo terra thermo-hygro is a decent one, I'm just going to sneak buy it under his nose... he never goes to see Martha anyhow... may be weeks before he notices I've got it. (Hey it took him this long to accept how much I paid for her tail surgery!) I'll need to distract him with something for him (OH) :idea:

Either thermometer will work. You can also find wired indoor/outdoor thermometers at walmart or diy stores (lowes, home depot, etc) that will work too. I'll link to what I'm talking about later when I'm not mobile ;)

The stick-on round dial kind are inaccurate. I haven't used either of the ones above. They should be okay, though. The one is twice as much because it does two things.

I love this one, with dual probes, temperature. $17.

I have 3 of the Zoomed ones. They work well. I got mine from Amazon. If you can come up with something else you need from Amazon, you may be able to bump it up to free shipping. Just a thought!

The small one is going for $10 & the dual one is $32...

Thanks Nanci, I was looking at the link you sent me last night. Is it worth it getting the one with the hygro (humidity gauge) or in this case, those little round stick on ones are good enough?

I'd just put the round stick on thermometer on the bottom (on top of UTH) just to see if it would work... I was tidying up the basement & was going to throw them out if they really weren't that good.

Thanks VampMN! I've never bought anything off of Amazon but I'll go have a look.

Alicia, you're talking about the normal house thermometers? Yes, link please. :)

Thanks Diamondlil!

You also might have luck finding a good thermometer at a hardware / home improvement store. Not sure if Canada has home depot or lowes, but they always seem to have them.

Home Depot & Lowes RULE!!!:laugh:

I honestly never thought of using a home digital thermometer for a viv.

Hahaha! Nope! They are the exact same thing :) Pet companies just slaps some fancy reptile labels on them and sell them for more! I get the indoor/outdoor thermometers. The "outdoor" probe would just go above the heat mat!

So all this time, I could've just got that.

Would have saved me a lot of weird & snotty looks from store clerks.:crazy02:

Well holy cow... went to check up on Martha & she looked dull & her tail dark. So I picked her up & she seemed iridescent on her head... looked at her underside & it's all milky. She's going blue? She just shed a week ago!

Is this normal after being so stressed like she was & now that she's feeling better & has her apetite back?

She also felt a bit heavier, I'll have to weigh her. :)

Yep somebody is blue!

I started spritzing the tank 2 days ago... Yay hopefully we'll get a better shed this time round. ;)

Back