• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

SHOW ME YOUR VIV'S

Wow very very nice MegF what type of wood is that. It looks great. How many snakes can it hold i am guessing 12 but not too sure. Now that is a loarge system i wouldn't mind having in my place.

My new ones! Don't know if I have already posted the:shrugs:

mynewtank.jpg

They look more natural now I have added more plants and aspen bedding, but this is the only picture I could find.

Wow very very nice MegF what type of wood is that. It looks great. How many snakes can it hold i am guessing 12 but not too sure. Now that is a loarge system i wouldn't mind having in my place.
Yes, it will hold 12 although I'm selling a couple of cages to a friend and just keeping the extra one. I'll stack those on the other stack so that I have more room for arboreal cages. Thanks for the compliments. I do love them and they look so nice.

Some pics of the home of Cheerio the Magnificent.
Sorry for the glare, our kitchen area has a lot of windows and it was a nice day.
Overall it measures 54"long X 57"high X 18" wide. Actual "snake space" is about 52" long X 19" high X 16.5" wide.
This thing was listed on Craigs for free.
The man made it for his saltwater fish. All of the plywood is 3/4" thick.
He was not a carpenter, but managed to make a real sturdy tank.
I removed the filter piping and made some sliding covers with lexan.
There is a sliding door in the side for access to the water bowl, I also feed her on that side on a paper towel.
On the warm side the bottom has a lexan plate with 2 small stick-on UTHs controlled by an altered thermostat from a large oil-fired heater.
Temp and humidity monitored by a digital combo with probes (Zilla).
Reptibark substrate. The leaves are from the craft store.
The shelf is an experiment. I want to see if it works for her before I put in something more permanent, I think it does.
Red LEDs in the lid light it in the evening so we can see her roam.
1longR.JPG
2longR.JPG

The cool side, and water bowl in the back corner.
3csydR.JPG

The warm side.
4wsydR.JPG

The top opens on both sides to a sliding, ventilated cover. The LEDs are wired on the underside of the lid.
topR.JPG

Lol okay I was inspired so I snapped some shots of my kid's vivs as well. First is Kiowa's Rental (he's moving up soon), then Bubblegum's pad (you can kinda see her hanging out there in the background), and finally Kitty and Wookie's Condo (Wookie is going to upgrade soon as well) :)

Attachments

• Kiowa's House.jpg
    Kiowa's House.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 694
  • Bubblegum's pad.jpg
    Bubblegum's pad.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 689
  • Wookie and Kitty's Condo.jpg
    Wookie and Kitty's Condo.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 688
inspiring

Hi everybody,

what an enjoyable and inspiring thread. After I saw all those jungles I decided to add some more artificial plants to my new snakes (baby amels) vivs. These are Exo terra 30x30x45. I got taller tanks after I discovered how much my snakes love to climb up high and in fact they practically live right at the top of the tanks, either in the plants or on top of the background piece(which is where they are right now so you cant see them in the photo attached).

Really enjoyed the pictures of all of your tanks.

Attachments

• hana vivs sm.jpg
    hana vivs sm.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 671
Hey guy's,
So here's mine.. Sorry about the glare on the viv..amateur photography at best eh !!
S1050169.jpg
[/IMG]
By the way, the viv is 36" x 12" x 16" ... anybody got any idea's on what that would be in gallons ??? cheers

Lol okay I was inspired so I snapped some shots of my kid's vivs as well. First is Kiowa's Rental (he's moving up soon), then Bubblegum's pad (you can kinda see her hanging out there in the background), and finally Kitty and Wookie's Condo (Wookie is going to upgrade soon as well) :)

where do you get those nice vines, the ones i get in at my store are small and boring, they're just straight and they don't raelly have anything branching off. what brand are they? or did you collect them from outside and back them and whatnot?

where do you get those nice vines, the ones i get in at my store are small and boring, they're just straight and they don't raelly have anything branching off. what brand are they? or did you collect them from outside and back them and whatnot?

Um the dark brown branches in Kiowa's cage I got at Petco. There's a couple of them in there and they're bendable. The sandblasted grapevine in Wookie and Bubblegum's tank I got at the reptile show in Sacto from LLReptile. I don't know where Bubblegum's owner got that little ivy vine wrapped around the grapevine. It's really beautiful tho.

They're Zoo Med's Terra Branch I believe, they're available in two sizes, 40cm and 70cm. :)

I've got one in my Corn's tank, they're pretty good.

Here's an up date of Mitch's new 60gal viv ..

S1050197.jpg
[/IMG]

At least i think it's a 60gal ...
It's 39"x24"x24" ... Is that 60gal anyone ?????

So, We did some yard work and cut down an old Holy Bush. Well, some of the pieces were too cool not to use for viv decoration. So I baked the pieces at 250 F for 30 min. Then soaked them in a 5% bleach solution, then pressure washed them and left them to air dry for 12 hours.

Here are the final redecorated vivs:

Niblet's:

100_3356.jpg

100_3357.jpg

Exploring the new piece:

100_3362.jpg

Maize's:

100_3368.jpg

100_3366.jpg

Exploring new piece:

100_3358.jpg

Beamish's:

100_3370.jpg

100_3369.jpg

He is still not showing himself... little shy guy!

That is it....

Back