CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Field Mice?

Old 10-03-2015, 11:20 AM   #1
GabbieJade
Field Mice?

So it's getting colder here, and a mouse has made its way into the cabinets. I have recently found the leftovers from it. Is there an issue with killing it in a snap trap, then freezing it for a few days and feeding to the corns? Hate to just kill it and toss it, if it can be a free meal.

Old 10-03-2015, 01:38 PM   #2
Nanci
It could have eaten rodenticide, or some other toxic thing. I wouldn't do it. I hate having mice in the house!! Good luck...

Old 10-03-2015, 03:23 PM   #3
hypnoctopus
Yeah, I wouldn't risk it. Plus, it could possibly have parasites.

Old 10-04-2015, 05:58 AM   #4
GabbieJade
Well I nabbed it last night and just tossed it. Someone also made a valid point on FB that it could be filled with fiberglass from chewing through cabinets/walls. It was a fat lil bastard. I reset the trap to make sure it was the only one. Either it was a potbellied mouse who was stuffing itself on the trash or it was a pregnant female getting ready to drop a squadron of furry hate on me.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:50 PM   #5
GitaBooks
Those are some good points above. I hear some people do it, we did it a couple times when we had an infestation of mice and since we don't have any mouse poison they wouldn't be dangerous. By then our cats were starting to get tired of eating mice and would just play with them.

Is it weird to say watching mice in the house is fun? : )

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google