CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Humidity of 70 - 80

Old 04-02-2002, 12:32 PM   #1
ROACHMAN
Question Humidity of 70 - 80

That is our normal humidity here , do i have to be concerned and the temp is 23-30 degrees daily.

Old 04-04-2002, 10:32 PM   #2
csmith1626
humidity

no it don't matter.

Old 04-05-2002, 12:32 AM   #3
Ares
Humidity does matter. It plays an important part on the snakes health.
I know if there is not enough humidity it can affect the snakes shedding and appetite. Im not to sure what happens when u have too much humidity like in your case, but keep an eye on your snake just incase.

Old 04-05-2002, 04:58 AM   #4
ROACHMAN
i do

i do keep very close eyes on all of the snakes and have a exact database that i enter all the things i notice , feeding shedding and other activities i do with the snake , in .

This lets me see exactly what caused a problem if there is a pronblem that occurs..heheh...see the programmer in me..and it is then easy to predict trends and budget for the food ect ect...

so far all my snakes shed perfectly , except the 2 milks , but they are newborns and it was their first shedding , so i had to help a bit with the tail pieces.

but the humidity does not seem to have an effect on the snakes , aparently the snakes can get lung diseases from too high humidity ....but that i am not sure about..

does anyone have experience with this type of humidity and what happens to the snake at this humidity , case the reason i ask this is wherever i read the humidity ranges from 50-70 , but no one can telll you what happens above ....although everyone knows what happens below..da snake does not shed properly and that can cause majour problems..

happy herping y'all

Old 04-05-2002, 02:24 PM   #5
Simon
too high of humidity could cause respitory infection. Becareful with that! It's really a pain in the neck.......so make sure that the humidity isn't too high!

Good luck and Happy Herping!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google