CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

How to increase humidity in viv?????

Old 11-03-2002, 02:18 PM   #1
Probe7899
How to increase humidity in viv?????

Hi I think my snow corn is getting ready to shed his eyes became cloudy a couple of days ago. I know you are surpose to increase the humidity when he is starting but im not sure how to. Any suggestions? Also should you give your snake baths while is getting ready to shed.
Thanks

Old 11-03-2002, 02:46 PM   #2
Rachel
Easiest and cheapest way is to spray your tank with water (use a plant sprayer or something similar). Alternatively you can put your snakes water dish over to the warm side of the tank. You can bathe your snake when shedding if you want, but it depends on how happy your snake is with being handled during shed period.
HTH

Old 11-03-2002, 03:44 PM   #3
Missymonkey
Bratt Pitt, he's steaming, stick him in the corner and the humidity will surly rise

All of Rachel's ways work great but you could also try raising the humidity in the entire room by putting ahumidifier in a corner of the room too,... just be sure the steam/mist doesn't fall directly on the tank or you'll have one wet snake

also be careful if you buy a steam humidifier they emit steam which is rather hot and can burn fingers and whatnot...

hope that helps

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google