• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Rocky

ltsweety2

2d6140b7ba02d3769079c679f76c216a.jpg

I this is basic lol but how do i aproceh her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never from above, they feel like prey. From the sides, slip some fingers under her belly then lift and let it crawl your hands. Don't move suddenly or you will startle her: gentle slow movements are recommended.
Make sure you make her notice your presence. A light touch, tap the glass lightly or something like that to make sure she is not sleeping or you will startle her badly.
You may want to let her smell you a bit before picking her, but she will again while in your hands.

Very cute.

Just be confident, go in and scoop her up. Make sure to support her whole body when you pick her up so she doesn't feel like she's being pecked by a bird.

Thanks....
I think im a little nervous because she snapped at my son the first time he tried to pick her up but we need to get her use to us.. The pet store said she was snappy..[emoji53]
In my mind i want all these snakes but scared to pick up my first one...

I would practice wearing a glove. Even if you take it off once she's calm. When I pick up Rigby & Marcy I reach in the side about halfway down their body, and tickle them then pick them up. Rigby presses his body back against it, I think he likes it, LOL. The smaller snakes I just pick them up quick before they can rebel.

Baby corn snakes can sometimes be bitey and are usually flighty because at that size, they are prey for many other animals. Most corn snakes grow out of it within the first year, sometimes up to two years. Just keep holding her and interacting with her. If she does bite, it really will not hurt. They have extremely tiny teeth, so it will just feel like a little pinch.

Also, be sure to let Rocky settle in before handling. Most of the experts here recommend not handling a snake for a full week after bringing the new guy/girl home.

Handling-wise, I tend to move gently but with purpose. Snakes can tell when you're nervous or twitchy and take advantage of it. I always make sure the snake can see me and scoop him up with one hand. My guy is still a little guy, too.

Yes i will. We have had her for this will b 3 weeks and have maybe held her like 4-5 times. This week was busy so we haven't held her in 6 days. She is very alert and active so if i dont scoop her fast she darts off... So its hide in seek for a little bit.. Lol
But thanks

Back