CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Macro focus stacking - Cicada

Old 08-29-2016, 07:37 PM   #1
Dragonling
Macro focus stacking - Cicada

While taking out the trash, I noticed a very crispy cicada on the sidewalk, so we brought it inside to take pictures of it. Kyle had been wanting to try a technique called focus stacking to get as much of a macro shot in focus as possible. I think it turned out pretty well! This photo is a combination of about a dozen or so images.

DSC03872stacked by Snagon Pics, on Flickr

Old 08-29-2016, 07:44 PM   #2
jagodzinski
That is amazing! So, so cool. The detail on those wings is amazing

Old 08-29-2016, 10:36 PM   #3
DollysMom
Beautiful. Very well done.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:23 AM   #4
Shiari
This is gorgeous!

Old 08-30-2016, 01:29 AM   #5
kdickens
Great photo! I've never heard of focus stacking before. I looked around a bit and found out a little. Requires a dead or very still model. All lighting should stay constant. Seems a bit involved for sure. Did you use a certain computer software?

Old 08-30-2016, 06:11 AM   #6
Nanci
That's amazing!!! How do you keep the camera still? Tripod? I wish you could tag people in forums, like you can in facebook.

Old 08-30-2016, 08:17 AM   #7
Dragonling
Kyle says thanks, you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdickens View Post
Great photo! I've never heard of focus stacking before. I looked around a bit and found out a little. Requires a dead or very still model. All lighting should stay constant. Seems a bit involved for sure. Did you use a certain computer software?
You can do it in photoshop, but he found something free (though not very user-friendly) called Hugin. It's meant for panorama stitching, but works great for this too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
That's amazing!!! How do you keep the camera still? Tripod? I wish you could tag people in forums, like you can in facebook.
Yeah, he used a mini tripod.

Old 08-30-2016, 10:19 AM   #8
daddio207
WOW !!
It's like 3D !
Thanks for posting

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google