CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Ringed Python?

Old 06-25-2009, 11:39 PM   #11
Hallie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael823 View Post
Nice! They are definitely spectacular as babies, but the adults are quite attractive as well. I love how solid the black is and how orange they can be as babies, but the golden brown color of the adults is amazing too.
They are quite nice. Thanks for asking about them, now I have another species to research!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemaster24 View Post
Yes but they are very expensive
Not really. Bob Clark has them for $225. I've paid more than that for corns...

Old 06-26-2009, 12:03 AM   #12
Michael823
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiesCornField View Post
Just so you know, adults do get pretty thick. I'll put it this way, they're not something I would want to work with alone.
I didn't realize Ringed Pythons were dangerous to work with alone, definitely good to know, and that would certainly stop my interest, bummer. From the sound of the care sheets they seemed fairly manageable, and remained slender, but that might have just been as a sales pitch, thanks for the heads up. I obviously wouldn't have gotten one without finding this sort of stuff out, but I appreciate the info.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:04 AM   #13
Michael823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallie View Post
Not really. Bob Clark has them for $225. I've paid more than that for corns...
I agree, $225 isn't bad for an uncommon species, especially compared to Woma Pythons, and Black Headed Pythons.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:06 AM   #14
Michael823
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiesCornField View Post
That's the joys of getting to go to the Daytona Expo. You get to see all kinds of fun stuff like that as adults so you know what to expect from a baby!
Lucky! I wish I could go, the only expo here is the New England Reptile Expo, it's nice but doesn't have the selection of some of the bigger shows.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:49 AM   #15
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
I didn't realize Ringed Pythons were dangerous to work with alone, definitely good to know, and that would certainly stop my interest, bummer. From the sound of the care sheets they seemed fairly manageable, and remained slender, but that might have just been as a sales pitch, thanks for the heads up. I obviously wouldn't have gotten one without finding this sort of stuff out, but I appreciate the info.
Compared to the burms, they stay slender. But then again, so to retics. LOL.
I don't think they're necessarily dangerous to work with alone if you really know what you're doing. They're a pretty decent size snake and they can do what they want if they want to. They can also be pretty quick when they want to be, and can also get rather defensive. That's mostly why I would recommend having someone else when working with them.
I wouldn't really want to work with any thicker snake alone, even if it is docile. Heck, one of my boas is about the same size as the adult in this video (maybe a bit shorter, but about the same thickness), and I definitely wouldn't want to work with her alone.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:51 AM   #16
Hallie
Quote:
I agree, $225 isn't bad for an uncommon species, especially compared to Woma Pythons, and Black Headed Pythons.
::sigh:: Woma....I want a pair of Womas...but those, I definitely couldn't afford for awhile.

Quote:
Lucky! I wish I could go, the only expo here is the New England Reptile Expo, it's nice but doesn't have the selection of some of the bigger shows.
You should try to make it to Daytona, the more the merrier!

And I wouldn't let the fact that they are a two-person snake stop your interest. Couldn't your brother help you out when needed? Keep researching, maybe by the time you feel you are ready/knowledgeable enough and have saved up the cash, you'll have a plan for when you need help with him/her.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:49 AM   #17
danielle
That adult was very pretty too bad they loose those bright bright oranges, but still very pretty and decent sized

Old 06-26-2009, 11:57 AM   #18
Michael823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallie View Post
You should try to make it to Daytona, the more the merrier!

And I wouldn't let the fact that they are a two-person snake stop your interest. Couldn't your brother help you out when needed? Keep researching, maybe by the time you feel you are ready/knowledgeable enough and have saved up the cash, you'll have a plan for when you need help with him/her.
If only I could afford go to Daytona, that would be awesome. Unfortunately I'm pretty tied down at home, and couldn't afford the travel expenses, food, stay, or anything at the show. Maybe someday though, that would be so great to go and meet some of you guys.
As for my brother helping me out with the Ringed Python, it wouldn't make much difference. Combined we probably don't have the strength of an average single person, so it wouldn't be worth the risk. Eventually maybe, if I have the adequate setup like a snake room, and feel more comfortable with larger snakes, and have reliable help.
I wasn't planning on getting one anyways, at least no time soon, but it's kind of a bummer to know that I probably never will. I just happened to come across an adult in the kingsnake classifieds, and thought they were interesting enough to further research them.
Thank you guys so much for the info, I'm glad I could post here and find this information out, it's probably not something I would've found in a care sheet.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google