CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snakes For Sale Got too many? Had a change of interest? Babies hatched out and you want to make some money so you can buy others? This is the place to try to sell them. ALL members may post ads here.

Expected offspring/projects 2011

Old 06-02-2011, 11:16 PM   #1
Richard Hume
Expected offspring/projects 2011

For 2011, I have been concentrating on some unique projects that have great promise to produce some truly rare corn snakes. Here are just a few of my projects for this year:

I have a pair of suspected amber lavender bloods from the "mystery" line (see pic below, these are from the "peach" phase of lavenders). They are definitely hypo lavender bloods, but the caramel side needs to be proven. So I bred them together this year (to see if they produce all animals that look like each other) and bred the male to a butter blood, to see if that union produces all caramel bloods. If the latter proves out, then my pair are truly amber lavender bloods. If not, hopefully I would at least have a bunch of peach hypo lavender bloods, as well as bloods het for hypo, lavender, caramel and amel.

I also bred 2.3 bloods het for hypo, lavender & stripe. This project was started two years ago by breeding a hypo lavender blood (who tended to produce nice purple colored lavender offspring) to a striped blood, the idea being to ultimately make a "purple" lavender striped blood. Don't know how many of these I'll make this year, but I do have 39 good eggs.

Along the same lines, I bred an opal blood (again, from the "mystery" line of peach phased lavenders, see pic below) to a striped blood. I am quite excited thinking about opal striped bloods from this pairing in the second generation, especially if that look is inherited from the father.

I bred 1.3 bloods het for pied and stripe. Last year, I was lucky enough to make a pair of striped pied bloods, truly amazing animals. I did get 43 eggs out of these pairings.

Staying with the pieds, I bred an SMR male to three different females - a female pied, a tessera het for blood, and an anery striped blood with an odd, "erased" side pattern (see pic below). I am particularly excited about the possibilities of these pairings, and also curious to see if the odd pattern on the anery striped blood is related to the pied trait in any way.

Two years ago, also from the "mystery" line, I produced an unusual animal that I believe is a phantom lavender blood (see pic below). It is definitely hypo, blood and lavender (it has purple eyes) and I believe it is also charcoal. To prove out the latter trait, I crossed her to a blizzard blood, also from the "mystery" line, who may also carry other traits (he is a first time breeder so I have no idea). She was a little on the small side, but did lay 16 good eggs, an excellent number for a relatively small first time female. I also bred the blizzard blood to a pewter, also het for a number of traits, so who knows what will come out of that?

Finally, I will also have a smaller number of a variety of different types of striped bloods (hypo, amel, anery, ghost, etc.) from the oldest established line of this morph of bloods.

I will be offering these directly for sale myself this year. Hatching should be taking place mid to late July.

Thanks for looking!
Rich Hume

Old 06-03-2011, 12:44 AM   #2
jlindp
Awesome pairings, Rich! I wish you all the best luck with your eggs! May you hit the jackpot on all the pairs! I can't wait to see Striped Hypo Plasmas! :}

Old 06-03-2011, 07:00 AM   #3
iculatr
Can't wait to see what the results are! Good luck!

Old 06-03-2011, 08:08 AM   #4
exar15xe
congrats Rich..very interested can't wait to see what comes out of these pairings. Beautiful snakes

Old 06-03-2011, 09:57 AM   #5
Yarmuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Hume View Post
I also bred 2.3 bloods het for hypo, lavender & stripe. This project was started two years ago by breeding a hypo lavender blood (who tended to produce nice purple colored lavender offspring) to a striped blood, the idea being to ultimately make a "purple" lavender striped blood. Don't know how many of these I'll make this year, but I do have 39 good eggs...
You have a 45.9% chance of hatching at least one Hypo Striped Plasma. Those are pretty good odds!

Old 06-03-2011, 10:58 AM   #6
Stormy
Wow. I love that Anery Striped Blood.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #7
robien
Bought a great pair of bloodreds from Rich last November. You can't go wrong by him!

Old 06-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #8
Irish Eyes (Mrs.Z)
Wow! What a load of wonderful possibilities! Most of all, I love that anery striped blood. That one just blows me away, and if you have any babies like her, I'm gonna be lining up with a "fistful of dollars" to try to get one :-).

Old 06-03-2011, 01:42 PM   #9
Kethryanne
Okay love the anery stripe blood and the opal blood as well. Those are amazing. If you get babies that look like them I would buy them too. Lol. The other too are beautiful as well.

Old 06-03-2011, 03:13 PM   #10
Unhinged Samurai
I can't wait to see the offspring.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google