CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Riobravo boas

Old 09-27-2011, 11:36 PM   #11
Kokopelli
Personally, especially as pets, I prefer to acquire a baby.
Adults are harder to "tame" if they behave in a way which is not to your liking.... if they are not accustomed to really being handled, that could prove to be a pain.

I will again re-affirm- RioBravo are highly reputable American breeders of pure locality boas... amongst the "Boa people", there's hardly a person who doesn't know them.

That being said, if they will miss out on this opportunity to sell to you because they usually don't deal with individual sales on this magnitude... well... it's kind of their loss.

Cuttingedgeherp are excellent- Vin Russo has published the most comprehensive Boa book so far and I recommend it to anyone who wants to keep Boas.

The adult Hog isle looks great- from here on out it's your call whether you prefer a baby or a sub-adult/adult.

Good luck

Old 09-28-2011, 05:17 AM   #12
Nanci
I was thinking about this on my way back from FedEx yesterday. I wanted to adopt a dog a few years ago. I found a pit bull rescue in my area. I drove out there. I made the guy mad immediately by parking on his grass instead of the swamp across the road. (There was no room in the driveway and the street was too narrow to park on). Then I described what I was looking for in a dog, and he barked at me "That's impossible!" So then I looked at a few dogs and he selected the one he thought would be a good match and I took her for a long walk in the neighborhood (what a relief to get away from him!!) and brought her back but I was still undecided. The guy was _so_ pushy, and he wanted me to make a decision by the next day, that evening even. I was really, really put-off when I left, but I liked the dog. I called her foster mom when I got home, the place she had lived while she was recovering from heartworm treatment and being starved. That woman was _so_ nice, and calm, and informative, and gave me a huge insight into the dog. I ended up getting her. If I had let the guy's poor people skills, or at least our personality conflict, drive me away to another place, I would have missed out on the perfect dog who turned out to be everything I'd searched for and more.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #13
Dorgrim
thanks everyone for the comments! thanks nanci youre right, checking them out meeting the animal and really milling it over is what im gonna do! no rush decisions. thanks all

Old 09-28-2011, 09:40 AM   #14
ShenziSixaxis
If you have a bad feeling, keep it in mind. Just because someone has great feedback and a great reputation doesn't mean you'll be happy with what happens. Just think about it.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:29 PM   #15
Dorgrim
So i put up with the whole "no pics of the babies" and being nothing but nice requested pictures of the parents. Just so i sort of knew what I was getting into. This is what I got back

Quote:
Išll do this for you.. Išll make a couple of photographs of individual
snakes just for you.. $50.00 EXTRA. And my thanks!

Let me know..

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Seriously? I called around and asked a few of the other boa people I had talked to while doing my boa research and many of them were just as shocked and we even had to check and make sure the email I was using was legit and I wasnt getting some crazy scalper trying to take my money. Blew my mind....honestly. Dont know how I feel about this (other than irritated...)

Old 09-30-2011, 01:31 PM   #16
Dorgrim
Oh pardon, I might need an edit to just say "he wants to charge me 50 bucks for pictures of the babies" the email has a disclaimer about it being a "private" email. My bad.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:16 PM   #17
Nanci
Wow. Yeah, I'd vote with my wallet. The snakes can't be THAT exceptional.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:35 PM   #18
Kokopelli
Errr... blimey.
Well, I would guess that they either considered this deal to be too small for their notice or that -maybe- they think that you're just wasting their time...
Regardless, that negatively surprises me and a potential customer is a potential customer and it doesn't matter how much he or she plan on spending.

I am kind of sad to say this but I doubt I'd do business with someone who refused to assist and reassure me as a buyer.

You can do perfectly well without- several other alternatives were mentioned and I am positive that at least one of them will provide pictures and create a more pleasant experience.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:16 AM   #19
ShenziSixaxis
^ I second all that.

I cannot figure out what to make of that. Is it egoistical to the extreme or greedy? Or what?! It takes the same amount of time to take a quick photo and upload it as it does to send an email. Just... wow.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:02 AM   #20
ratsncorns
Wow, I have heard nothing but great things about RioBravo but that email is just rude ("And my thanks"!?!?!). I would definitely consider going elsewhere, and maybe sending them an email describing why you decided to buy from someone else.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google