CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items For Sale Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, can be posted within this area. ALL members can place ads in this section.

Late 2012/2013 Black Rat Snakes

Old 01-31-2013, 11:39 PM   #11
WestCoast_Redneck
Does anyone have any input towards the temperament of these vs. cornsnake? Do they musk? Advise on the best place to find info on these black beauties? I think I'd like this to be my second and ONLY ( ) other snake hehe

Old 02-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #12
obboi34
i don't believe that they musk, but have heard that they tend to bite readily at first. my experiences as a 12 year old definitely found this to be true.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #13
WestCoast_Redneck
LOL I've been warned of the aggression! After I posted that, I did a fair bit of research. They can get Huuuge. A friend of ours who owns a local petstore and breeds corns, pythons and boas said she absolutely hates ratsnakes! Apparently, they are her nemesis and asked why I would ever want one!
I am still in love, and still plan on owning one of these beauties one day, I just don't think it'll be as soon as I had planned

Old 02-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #14
steve roylance
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoast_Redneck View Post
Does anyone have any input towards the temperament of these vs. cornsnake? Do they musk? Advise on the best place to find info on these black beauties? I think I'd like this to be my second and ONLY ( ) other snake hehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by obboi34 View Post
i don't believe that they musk, but have heard that they tend to bite readily at first. my experiences as a 12 year old definitely found this to be true.
Quote:
LOL I've been warned of the aggression! After I posted that, I did a fair bit of research. They can get Huuuge. A friend of ours who owns a local petstore and breeds corns, pythons and boas said she absolutely hates ratsnakes! Apparently, they are her nemesis and asked why I would ever want one!
I am still in love, and still plan on owning one of these beauties one day, I just don't think it'll be as soon as I had planned
They can be aggressive as hatchlings, but seem to outgrow it at around six months. All the ones I've raised have been Cornsnake tame at about half a year old. After that it's mainly feeding response bites.
There's nothing like pulling out a drawer and a six foot Rat Snake launching itself at your face

Old 02-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #15
WestCoast_Redneck
LOL I like a challange!

What about the musking? I've read they musk a fair bit.. I can deal with a feisty 6' ratsnake, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to deal with the stink everytime I want to handle the beast lol

Old 02-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #16
steve roylance
Quote:
LOL I like a challange!

What about the musking? I've read they musk a fair bit.. I can deal with a feisty 6' ratsnake, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to deal with the stink everytime I want to handle the beast lol
From what I've seen, they quit musking at an early age. Especially when handling them regularly.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #17
brett213
I bought a pair of these from steve..... Strike first look last so far very true but as far as musking they havent and ive had them 3or 4 weeks

Old 02-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #18
WestCoast_Redneck
Right on, thank you! Steve, are you the go to guy for these black beauties?

Old 02-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #19
steve roylance
Quote:
Right on, thank you! Steve, are you the go to guy for these black beauties?
I guess? LOL!

Old 02-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #20
WestCoast_Redneck
I need to renew my passport so I can zip across the border for pick-up. Gimme a month and I'll be in touch if you have any available. If not, I can wait until you do. Im in no hurry but I would definitely like to put my name on the list

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google