CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Two new arrivals today. 1.1 Trans Pecos ratsnakes

Old 10-08-2015, 02:58 PM   #21
Pogie
These snakes are just so cute!!!

Old 10-09-2015, 04:49 PM   #22
Tavia
I'm really loving these, especially the male! He is super docile and chill. Loves my hair and will sit on my head, calmly enjoying the view for up to an hour at a time. Which is what he is doing at this moment.

Old 10-10-2015, 01:46 AM   #23
Ravenessa
Beautiful! what are they, never seen anything like this.. <3

Old 10-10-2015, 02:22 AM   #24
Tavia
They are Bogertophis subocularis, A.K.A Trans Pecos ratsnakes, A.K.A subocs. These are Axanthic (recessive color morph, also called Silver) and Blonde, a recessive pattern morph that has a bit of a hypo effect.

They have the rep of being super docile and calm, which they sure seem to be living up to! By pure temperament, they are actually a better starter snake than even corns. But they get bigger than corns, have smaller clutches with bigger eggs and are orders of magnitude harder to get eating, at all and especially on F/T, which are some of the reasons why they aren't much seen. Though they are also just underrated.

Old 10-10-2015, 09:54 AM   #25
Zincubus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
They are Bogertophis subocularis, A.K.A Trans Pecos ratsnakes, A.K.A subocs. These are Axanthic (recessive color morph, also called Silver) and Blonde, a recessive pattern morph that has a bit of a hypo effect.

They have the rep of being super docile and calm, which they sure seem to be living up to! By pure temperament, they are actually a better starter snake than even corns. But they get bigger than corns, have smaller clutches with bigger eggs and are orders of magnitude harder to get eating, at all and especially on F/T, which are some of the reasons why they aren't much seen. Though they are also just underrated.
Are you UK based or us this a USA forum ?

Old 10-10-2015, 11:56 AM   #26
Tavia
I'm based in the USA. There probably are breeders in the UK but I don't know of any.

Old 10-10-2015, 08:28 PM   #27
Zincubus
Quote:
I'm based in the USA. There probably are breeders in the UK but I don't know of any.
Thanks.

Is this predominantly a USA based forum.

Old 10-10-2015, 09:28 PM   #28
Tavia
Hard to say, we've got people from all over. I'd say that it's probably predominantly USA based but England and Germany is probably the close run second up.

Old 10-11-2015, 10:45 AM   #29
El Jefe
Quote:

...and the fact that they are not quite as easy to breed as corns. When I bred my first silvers several years ago I remember them not timing as easy as my kings and corns.

Old 10-12-2015, 09:09 AM   #30
Ravenessa
Wow.. they are beautiful though... but yeah Imma stick to corns.. maybe when I get a house.. for now I am done with adding snakes.. lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google