• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Eye candy for DLena! Coco Chanel and Twister.

Tavia

Elemental Exotics
Since it's going to be awhile before she can go to her new home, this thread will be used to tide her new owner over in the meantime.

UxI92315-5, female normal het T- Cape African House snake. Out of Ukiah and Indigo.

Taken outdoors without flash 6/21/16.

DSC_8354_zpsx2fxj6mg.jpg

DSC_8355_zpswlro2uqb.jpg

DSC_8356_zpsyrnd9jym.jpg

DSC_8357_zpsm4dvab63.jpg

DSC_8359_zpsfuvr5vya.jpg

DSC_8360_zpsueurnuvl.jpg

DSC_8361_zpsjcxtamx3.jpg

DSC_8362_zpssm9dffmy.jpg

DSC_8363_zpsfaiobnz5.jpg

DSC_8365_zpsqivh34qt.jpg

DSC_8366_zpss8zdflgu.jpg

DSC_8367_zps1tiqq2qa.jpg

Last edited:
Oh wow! Thanks, Tavia. She has such a pretty face. What great pictures. I'm already shopping for her... Vines and suction cups today. I need a good name...

She ate another F/T pinky today. She went back to her normal mode of eating it, had to leave it outside of her hide for a few hours and not bother her, while she smelled it from end to end and decided whether it was edible or not.

That seems to be pretty typical of half or more of the babies I've had hatch, must be undisturbed, pinky left for a few hours outside of the hide and they will eat. After they've eaten consistently 5-15 times, then they decide food is a wonderful thing and completely change, will practically come shooting across the cage to take it out of the tongs.

She took hers like that last time, was in her favorite hide, I opened the lid and she stuck her head out with that AHS "got food???" look, saw it and shot half out from her hide to take it from the tongs. So she's at least getting there ...

Congrats DLena. She's absolutely stunning. She's Clyde's sister so I think this will make us cousins, lol!

She got weighed today and is 13 grams empty. Then took some pictures and she hung out with me while I got them onto the computer.

DSC_8526_zps1nyifpey.jpg

DSC_8528_zpshqestc7y.jpg

DSC_8530_zps2gawhkov.jpg

DSC_8532_zpsg7zz4jo6.jpg

DSC_8533_zpsutu4xlgm.jpg

DSC_8534_zpsumrdsfpa.jpg

DSC_8535_zpsqcamg3bt.jpg

Unfortunately I created a monster, as this was the first time she noticed my hair and I let her give it a look see. She promptly decided that is the best thing over and kept demanding to go back in it!
Sorry for the cell phone shot.

pho1_zpsyi75lclc.jpg

She is too precious for words. I can't wait to meet her and she can spend all day in my hair if she wants to! I really appreciate the pictures. I know they take time.

This is the first time I've tried embeding video, so fingers crossed it works!

She is actually not a huge fan of the phone and kept backing away from it, thankfully she calmed down on take #3 and decided to ignore it for the most part.

Last edited:
It worked for me. Can't wait until DLena sees it! My heart is just melting. Too adorable for words.

Last edited:
Oh Tavia, thank you!!!! She is so precious. She really likes to hang out, doesn't she? Her movements are very graceful. Her big brother, DollysMom's Clyde, is the same. Is that a sibling similarity or a house snake trait?

It seems to be a house snake trait. They do move a bit different than corns and they are a different texture, smoother and "softer" feeling.

Set to wistful music and everything! Tavia you go all out, girl!
I actually enjoy my snakes more now that they're bigger, but OMG when they're little like that they are just too cute for words. Hope you don't mind DLena, but I'm probably enjoying this eye candy just as much as you. ;P

I was thinking this morning. This might just be the best place to get name suggestions as well, DLena. Do you have any thoughts where you might like to start? I named Clyde for my late Dad so that was easy.

Of course from the title of this thread, "Candy" comes to mind, lol.

What a great idea to use this thread, DollysMom and the title edit, Tavia. It's really nice how people on this forum are so thoughtful and kind. FC, our sister site, gets a tad scary sometimes, especially on the BOI.

In the pictures, she actually looks like a mixture of types of chocolate... From dark chocolate/mint cocoa all the way to the darker white of Hershey's cookies and cream. And she sure seems sweet. I do think I like the name Candy... What do people think?

Candy is good!

Or if you wanted other options, maybe names of chocolates/chocolate makers? Nestle, Godiva, Cacao etc ...

I think Candy is a wonderful name. I heard it somewhere recently, lol. And you mentioned chocolates so that brings Coco to mind as well. I think of Coco Chanel with your little girl's neatly tailored stripes! Don't get me wrong, I'd stop at Candy, but I do want to give you some food (forgive the pun) for thought.

Thanks to Tavia as well for taking my idea and running with it!

Ooh, I really like the Godiva or Coco Chanel idea. Like candy, but soooo high class!

To go a completely different route, I was thinking about how you said she's graceful, which led me down a road of ballerina names (got nowhere with that one) cruised past a couple of other ports, and landed at Audrey Hepburn, one of my favorite all time actresses, who played in My Fair Lady, one of my favorite all time movies. If you haven't seen it, I recommend it! So my contribution to the name game is, how about Audrey? Or Eliza Doolittle is the name of the character she plays.

Back