CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Riot in Fla or has college football joined the WWE?

Old 10-15-2006, 09:23 AM   #1
Tom Tuttle
Angry Riot in Fla or has college football joined the WWE?

Anybody see the battle royal between Miami & Florida International?
Vince Mc Mahon will probably be drafting some of these players.
I enjoy college football but this behavior was a total disgrace in sportsmanhip.
What message does this send to our young children involved in team sports?
Hopefully some good will come from this.

Old 10-15-2006, 11:05 AM   #2
Joejr14
Well, Tom, it's the friggin U. What do you expect? You don't have the nickname Thug U for no reason, you know.

That being said, that was the most pitiful display I have ever seen. Merriweather will/could have made millions in the draft in April--and he was seen on tape stomping on someone who was on the ground. Another UM player ran onto the field with his helmet and hit a FIU player in the head. He should be charged with aggrivated assault, at the very least.

The University of Miami and the Atlantic Coast Conference will be dealing out some VERY harsh suspensions for this, rest assured. I don't believe Miami will do all that much---but the ACC does not stand for this crap---and suspensions will most certainly be coming. If they wanted to really be asses, the ACC could easily suspend half of that Miami team. If they did that, Miami might not be able to field a team against their next opponent.

Sad to say, Larry Coker has lost complete control of this team, and even though not his fault, this will be the final straw and he will be fired.

Sad day all around.

Old 10-15-2006, 12:02 PM   #3
gwb8568
agreed with joe...........when you give a scholarship to some punk high school kid who had been in trouble with the law his whole life and then between graduation and starting college gets in trouble again...........you deserve the title as "The Worst Sports Program Ethics" in college, ever. (i gave the title). seeing that on sportscenter did not suprise me one bit.

Old 10-15-2006, 06:23 PM   #4
Tom Tuttle
Would that punk you refer to be from Ohio State? I think his name starts with Maurice Or do we have another band of Thugs?

Old 10-15-2006, 06:25 PM   #5
Tom Tuttle
Sorry

The one from Ohio state has been convicted. Didn't take long for the jury on that one!

Old 10-15-2006, 08:31 PM   #6
gwb8568
lol............yeah tom, you have one that i know of. the canes have a full starting squad.

Old 10-15-2006, 08:37 PM   #7
dwyn127
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsthompson
The one from Ohio state has been convicted. Didn't take long for the jury on that one!
Thank God! We have too great a team to have his personality destroying it....talk about ruining a promising future!

Old 10-15-2006, 09:39 PM   #8
Emanon
Both teams should have punishment... as well as Miami having some serious actions against them as this is the 3rd "incident" this SEASON!!!!!!!

Never did like Miami!

I know I know... U started it... and I am sure Miami did nothing to aggravate the situation!!!

Old 10-15-2006, 09:51 PM   #9
gwb8568
i think there were a total of 8 players suspened on the canes with 5 of those being ejected from the game. fla intl. however had 8 players ejected in the game. but, the fact of the matter is that this is the 3rd on field incident with the canes in their last 7 games (remember last years peach bowl, with LSU)....and not to mention all of the off field problems.

Old 10-15-2006, 10:00 PM   #10
Dave123
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsthompson
Ya Maurice Clarrett. I'm a huge Ohio State fan. Had a great future coming for him, All ruined because of one bad decision leading to a messed up life. Ohh well OSU is looking good this year.
About the Miami brawl I agree with Joe, Larry lost control of his team. I mean both teams new Miami was going to win so Florida International was just being sore losers and Miami just fought back. Bad decision.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google