CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

RIP - Poor little BHS

Old 10-01-2007, 04:37 AM   #1
Velvet
Angry RIP - Poor little BHS

I was absolutely DEVASTATED on friday!!!!

I walk home from work everyday, on my way past a factory I noticed an upturned little white belly. With sinking heart I approached, knowing what I would find...a dead snake...

I wasn't able to see what it was so I found a long piece of wire and gently flipped it over. It was a little Brown House snake, my favourite indigenous snake!! They are completely harmless and such sweet and beautiful snakes.

I am pretty sure it was a young female, a little smaller than Battle (corn) who is about 1.5yo, poor baby had had her head crushed, she was obviously discovered in the factory near where I found her and killed but some idiotic, stupid [enter long list of profanity here] ignoramous!!!

I angrily looked at the factory, seeing if I could see someone working there so I could "hunt" the snake murderer down and give them a piece of my mind!!!

Poor little darling was probably helping them keep their rodent population down, I hope they are infested with rodents for this! Morons!!!!

I hate seeing ANY snakes killed but the fact that it was something so completely harmless as a BHS really makes my blood boil!!!

Old 10-01-2007, 07:53 AM   #2
beaniebopps
Thats horrible I have never seen a dead snake as we do not really have wild snakes over in Ireland (the legend is that St. Patrick banished them)

I did see a story in the newspaper a few weeks back that a girlfriend and boyfriend had had a row, and for revenge he bit the head off her beloved ball python and spat it out at her!!

Old 10-01-2007, 08:40 AM   #3
SnakeAround
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaniebopps
Thats horrible I have never seen a dead snake as we do not really have wild snakes over in Ireland (the legend is that St. Patrick banished them)

I did see a story in the newspaper a few weeks back that a girlfriend and boyfriend had had a row, and for revenge he bit the head off her beloved ball python and spat it out at her!!
I think that horrible story happened over here in Holland, I feel ashamed...

Old 10-01-2007, 08:45 AM   #4
Velvet
It's so so terrible!

Sometimes I despair, will we ever win this battle against the irrational hatred of snakes?

I told a guy at work that I had found the little snake and his response was "Good, the bible says you must crush the heads of snakes" or something along those lines, I don't want to get into a religious debate (I am not religious myself) but it just doesn't seem like a very "christian" thing to do, to kill an innocent animal that hadn't harmed anyone...besides, as I always say, God created snakes too...

Old 10-01-2007, 11:53 AM   #5
Vinny/Birmingham/UK
Angry

Some people are just so ignorant! It really makes me angry!

Old 10-01-2007, 12:06 PM   #6
SnakeAround
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
It's so so terrible!

Sometimes I despair, will we ever win this battle against the irrational hatred of snakes?

I told a guy at work that I had found the little snake and his response was "Good, the bible says you must crush the heads of snakes" or something along those lines, I don't want to get into a religious debate (I am not religious myself) but it just doesn't seem like a very "christian" thing to do, to kill an innocent animal that hadn't harmed anyone...besides, as I always say, God created snakes too...
Well, I think according to the bible snakes are created by the devil, at least the one that got Eva into eating the apple.... so in a way it is Christian to despice snakes then...

Old 10-01-2007, 12:31 PM   #7
Rich in KY
It is always sad when someone kills a snake out of fear or ignorance. A friend of mine always kills all the snakes he finds in his shed. I am sure they are rat snakes. I have been at his house when he has found a couple of snakes. I caught them and took them to the field behind his house.

Then this past spring, when he opened his shed for the first time after winter, it was infested with mice. They chewed everything and there was mouse poop everywhere. I just laughed. He says he has stopped killing snakes now. I hope so.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:41 PM   #8
suecornish
Only God has the power to create. The Devil gave the illusion that he was a snake and so the snake people have been taking the rap of being bad when, in fact, they are not.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:08 PM   #9
Plissken
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaniebopps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutengel
I think that horrible story happened over here in Holland, I feel ashamed...
No, it happened in NI... I made a thread about it a while back.

Sorry about the poor snake you found.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:13 AM   #10
Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by suecornish
Only God has the power to create. The Devil gave the illusion that he was a snake and so the snake people have been taking the rap of being bad when, in fact, they are not.
I'm so glad someone brought this up...according to the Bible this is true, ONLY God can create, the Devil can only destroy. Therefore, snakes were created by God.

Also it says something along the lines of "And every creature was given a name and Man was given dominion of all living things", I read this as we were put in charge to protect the other creatures, this therefore includes snakes and other "creepy crawlies".

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google