CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items For Sale Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, can be posted within this area. ALL members can place ads in this section.

Out of work dog needs a home, Northern VA

Old 06-15-2008, 11:48 PM   #11
alan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike17l View Post
Sorry I dont seen anything different than what many of us do on a daily basis.
Quite a difference, a dog is a social pack animal that knows when things change. I wouldn't get rid of a dog.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:13 AM   #12
diamondlil
Hope you can rehome that beautiful dog, Alan.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:24 AM   #13
alan
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
Hope you can rehome that beautiful dog, Alan.
I hope I can too, we'll see what happens tomorrow. How much do you think it would cost to ship her to you?

Old 06-16-2008, 01:37 AM   #14
diamondlil
If only it was possible. Over this last year there's been a spate of rehoming among my friends, with the rescued rotty and dobermann at the stables, a rotty/dobermann cross and a rotty rescue with work colleagues, and another nurse is currently looking for a big/medium dog as a running companion/ home security/best friend. (I showed her a picture of my old girl Ellie, lab/pit/collie squishing me and she's sold on trying to find a similar sized dog).
I think an extension on time to find a new home would be perfectly reasonable from your boss, after all that dog has lived there this long so a little longer won't hurt.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:43 AM   #15
alan
I tried to get more time, no go. The boss cites insurance reasons. We had a break in and the insurance company really gave us a look-over. I can't argue with the fact that she is not effective as a guard dog, but she shouldn't just be disposed of.

Old 06-16-2008, 03:34 AM   #16
highcolorcorns
Get on the internet and find a shepherd rescue. Being that the dog has vet records/shots/spayed they should take her. I know in Texas the rescue groups are great. We have groups drive 10+ hours to come get dogs.

Old 06-16-2008, 03:41 AM   #17
highcolorcorns
http://www.shepherdrescue.org/index.html

here's one I found quick for you in Virginia... good luck.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:09 AM   #18
alan
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcolorcorns View Post
http://www.shepherdrescue.org/index.html

here's one I found quick for you in Virginia... good luck.
Thank you, I did several last night, including that one. That's what I was doing yesterday, no results. Everyone's full but they allowed me to post her on one.
Seems a lot of people think dogs can be thrown away like the trash.
Oh well, phone calls today, thanks for the luck.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:12 AM   #19
kcaven
Good Luck Alan...stories like this make me so sad. I really hope that when I get on here after work today you have good news.....

Old 06-16-2008, 06:14 AM   #20
alan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcaven View Post
Good Luck Alan...stories like this make me so sad. I really hope that when I get on here after work today you have good news.....
Thanks, Kristie, me too. I'm off to work to see what the day brings!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google