CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items For Sale Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, can be posted within this area. ALL members can place ads in this section.

T-Shirts and stuff...

Old 11-24-2008, 06:27 PM   #21
tyflier
Yea...it sucks. But at least I have one public apology, and hopefully one more coming soon enough. The admission of guilt from Amanda is what I want.

I don't blame Bobby Jenkins. It is possible he didn't know where the logo came from, and simply believed that Amanda created it, as she said she did. I won't hold that against him.

However...I will absolutely keep my personal page about this incident active and alive, with his apology and hers when it comes. These images are worth money to me...

Old 11-24-2008, 07:08 PM   #22
Chip
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflier View Post

She claims she created the graphic herself in March...
If it wasn't such a specific image I might believe that. The angle, the hook, the snake profile, the LOGO; all of that can't be coincidental.

Oh, and I just released an album called "Sgt. Pepper's lonely Hearts Club Band."

Old 11-24-2008, 07:11 PM   #23
tom e
Something else that don't fly in my opinion.

They say they only printed and sold 7 stickers. So how did multiple people from this site happen to witness them being sold? It seems unlikely to me that they all just happened to pass at the same time.

Also, they are still listed for sale on the website. If only 7 got printed (and all those sold) how could it possibly be listed for sale as of today?

Old 11-24-2008, 07:13 PM   #24
tyflier
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom e View Post
Something else that don't fly in my opinion.

They say they only printed and sold 7 stickers. So how did multiple people from this site happen to witness them being sold? It seems unlikely to me that they all just happened to pass at the same time.

Also, they are still listed for sale on the website. If only 7 got printed (and all those sold) how could it possibly be listed for sale as of today?
I'm backing off for a moment, and giving them time to remove the sale link and remove the image from their gallery. I've also given Amanda time to make her public admission of guilt and public apology on my website.

If these things don't happen by tomorrow, I will be contacting a young lawyer in town that is just dying to get his hands on a nice slam-dunk public case to get his name out there...

Old 11-24-2008, 07:17 PM   #25
ghosthousecorns
Unbelievable, this person is so busted for ripping you off, I can't even imagine what she was thinking to try and say it was a coincidence that the images are "eerily similar". I think you are being more than generous in allowing the chance for her to make an apology and being willing to accept that apology and drop the matter if she does.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:17 PM   #26
tyflier
Quote:
Originally Posted by elrojo View Post
If it wasn't such a specific image I might believe that. The angle, the hook, the snake profile, the LOGO; all of that can't be coincidental.

Oh, and I just released an album called "Sgt. Pepper's lonely Hearts Club Band."
I said the same thing when it was first called to my attention. The first thing I wanted to do was make sure it wasn't the same phrase with a different graphic being used. There would have been little to do if that were the case. I didn't get upset until I saw the image and immediately recognized it as my own.

If the link offering them for sale isn't removed, I have a case for small-claims court, showing that they are profiting from my intellectual property. It would be a nice, easy-to-prove, but still high-profile case for a young lawyer...You know how the media just LOVES to jump on internet-based cases. Especially when dealing with Freedom of Speech or Theft of Intellectual Property...

Old 11-24-2008, 07:27 PM   #27
Chip
I really hope Amanda just apologizes and admits she took the image. I'm squirming just reading her posts, what a sh*tty place to be in. I wonder if it's like OJ convincing himself of innocence: "I didn't steal that image! No, I really didn't. Hey, I didn't! These people are persecuting me!" Really what stinks here is the whole group (who seem to be well-intentioned) being dragged into it over one member's action.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:03 PM   #28
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by elrojo View Post

Expect a phone call from Katie real soon.

Dale

Old 11-24-2008, 08:09 PM   #29
ArpeggioAngel
Quote:
Expect a phone call from Katie real soon.
LOL Dale!!

Old 11-24-2008, 08:40 PM   #30
tyflier
I have been told that Amanda is being temporarily suspended from the group for her actions. I was also informed that the image and sales link would be removed and that the group's entire membership would be informed that the image was stolen, who stole it, and where she stole it from.

As such, I changed my web page to not hold VIIPER accountable. They are not responsible for the actions of a misguided girl, and I won't hold them accountable.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google