• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

An Offer You Can't Refuse...

I think you should drop out of the football pool too. Now that you have this one. :sidestep:
Oh you think so ;)! Would you think that if I was in last :nyah:!

Honestly, I really can't explain these last couple of days. I have been very fortunate, and one reason, which I cannot explain at this time, makes me feel like the absolute most fortunate person on the face of the earth.
I think I have a problem though, the more good things that happen to me, the worse I usually feel about having such fortune. But after my exciting news yesterday, which I cannot yet speak of, I am just going for it with no regrets, and just feeling thankful to be so blessed with good fortune.

Oh you think so ;)! Would you think that if I was in last :nyah:!

Honestly, I really can't explain these last couple of days. I have been very fortunate, and one reason, which I cannot explain at this time, makes me feel like the absolute most fortunate person on the face of the earth.
I think I have a problem though, the more good things that happen to me, the worse I usually feel about having such fortune. But after my exciting news yesterday, which I cannot yet speak of, I am just going for it with no regrets, and just feeling thankful to be so blessed with good fortune.

I have the opposite problem for the past year I've had the worst luck. Want to send me some of that good luck lol. Congrats Michael and just as the others said pictures are needed when you get him.

I have the opposite problem for the past year I've had the worst luck. Want to send me some of that good luck lol. Congrats Michael and just as the others said pictures are needed when you get him.
Absolutely! I have received an E-Mail saying that he will be shipped out tomorrow, and will arrive Thursday morning. I'm going to pick up a couple of things tomorrow morning to be 100% all set, and then he'll arrive the day after, hopefully in good stead. Then of course he'll take a week or so to settle in, get acclimated, etc... and after that I'll be sure to take some pictures.

Whether it's luck I'm having, or just a period of having things seemingly go the right way, I couldn't be happier.

Thanks again DrDan, and you will be the first to know how the shipping went. I'll also keep you very informed on his progress, and take plenty of pictures for you.

Hello again,

The Beautiful Bullseye is in transit as we speak... I hope :)! And should it all go as smoothly as I hope, he should arrive tomorrow morning before 10:30am.

I picked up some bulbs today (day/night), and have set everything else up, so he can be ready to chill out when he arrives. I'll receive a heat pad in a few days, but I just couldn't afford the $25 price tag at Petco, when I can order one through my mothers work for a little over $10. So I just got bulbs for now. The heat pad should arrive in less than a week, but I'll keep a good eye on the temps, and controlling the day and/or night bulbs will work just fine until then.
I'll also pick up some extra tank decor at the show on 10/3, as it would have been three times as much at the local pet store. But he definitely has enough until then, and I'll make sure to spoil him.
I also chose to put him in the 20tall instead of long, as he might be really small. But I will just switch him over to the 20long if he seems too big. I have the bulbs on now to measure the average temps, so if the 20tall has funky temps I'll just switch to the long.

Anyways... Here's a picture of the setup now, minus a few extra things that I'll get in a little bit. I'll put in some little plastic hides too, so he has a hide in the warm and cool spots, I just wanted to show the setup the way it is now. The tank was still wet from cleaning, so the Aspen stuck to the sides, just so you don't think it's dirty :).

I am so happy to have been chosen, and I will make sure to let you know the moment he arrives. I will also keep you inundated with updates on him, as I know you would like to see him progress.
Thank you so much DrDan. My nerves are jumping with excitement to see him in person, and I can't wait.

100_5286_1441.jpg

woot, I knew you'd get him see? :D
Thank you Zulu! You are very kind, and I appreciate your comments very much. The snake will officially arrive tomorrow, and I officially won't sleep, because I'm officially an insomniac anyways... So I guess it's official! But it is so worth stating up for... Well, I hope I can sleep, but it's worth every minute of insomnia :).
He is such a gorgeous snake, and couldn't have ended up with me at a more uniquely destined time. I will certainly let him settle in before photographing him, but he will get the red carpet treatment after he settles in.

Thank you again Dan, so, so, much! I feel so fortunate to have been chosen, and feel like there is a wonderful tide of positive change coming in right now. Too many great things have been happening, and I just hope to be blessed enough to see them through.

Congrats Micheal..

You are now entering the twight zone.. Indeed Milks have their own temperment that rarely resembles corns in any sense of the word.. I certainly have a love and affection for our Tri Banded Friends, but they are to themselfs, as you about to find out.. Congrats!

Heres a few we have around here..

charlie02-02-09(2).jpg

jane10-12-07.jpg

andrew03-28-09(4).jpg

hondo_male11-11-08(2).jpg

Wilkomen to das world of Milks!

OT: If I do get another milk, its and will be Black Milks..
Regards.. Tim of T and J

First off, Congrats, Michael! I'm sure you will love it and treat it fabulously!
Secondly, I agree with Tim 100%. I've got a Black Milk, and I absolutely love that little guy. He's a fantastic animal to have - I hate to say it, but I almost like him more than my Corns. ;) You'll love your Milk, and you'll probably want to get more after this one. LOL
Good luck, and definitely keep us updated on that beauty! :cheers:

congrats Michael!!! Best of luck with that sweet snake...remember "pass it on..." like that movie.
Are you talking about "Pay it Forward", Kyle? If you are, I DEFINITELY agree! :poke:

Thank you! I am currently waiting in anticipation right now, so hopefully in the next hour his home will have a resident. I can't wait!!!
And we're anticipating LOTS of pics! :D

I'm with everyone here... LOVE Milks!

Woo I want the snake but Michael did such a lovely description of everything, I think he deserves it. ;)

Welcome to the "amazing people" list.
Really...
More people as generous and positive as you would make the world a whole deal better.

Yeah, Yeah, that's it! Fred...thanks for straightening me out...Pay it forward Michael.;)
Well in that case, how would you like to add a Michael to your collection?. I'll pay shipping and even ship him with some crackers and a heat pad...Any takers?.

....................... Patiently waiting also........................... Hoping for the best................. Arrive safely, snakey!

Back