CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items For Sale Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, can be posted within this area. ALL members can place ads in this section.

Does your reptile have MITES?
Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 08:31 PM   #11
Shiari
I'm just thinking that spraying soap onto my snake make not be the the best idea. Leaving soap on for too long on our skin at least is pretty drying. I'd want to see some studies before I start lathering my snakes. That also said, what happens if they decide to take a drink of what they are soaking in? I've had snakes do that while swimming.......

Old 02-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #12
nemrak551
My Reptiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstphal View Post
Me too. Sorry about that. What kind of snake do you have? We love pictures of people's reptiles here!
I have Corns, Boa's, Ball Pythons, Ratsnakes, Tegu, Monitor, and tortoise, plus a Cockatiel, Eclectus Parrot, and Blue Crowned Conure. I don't know how to do the whole number thing for female or male, still learning that.

f Sunglow, proven breeder
m Anery, proven breeder
f rootbeer, from Sunglow and Anery
f Anery x2
f Albino Jungle corn
f Bairds Ratsnake
f & m snow corns, proven breeder
f & m motley jungle corns
f pastel Boa, HET for albino
f pastel ball python
f b/w argentine tegu
m Savannah Monitor
m Red footed tortoise

Here are some pics, but just too many to post all at once

Old 02-05-2010, 08:46 PM   #13
nemrak551
Wink I was weireded out by it too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
I'm just thinking that spraying soap onto my snake make not be the the best idea. Leaving soap on for too long on our skin at least is pretty drying. I'd want to see some studies before I start lathering my snakes. That also said, what happens if they decide to take a drink of what they are soaking in? I've had snakes do that while swimming.......
It is such a small amount of Soap that it doesn't even make very many bubbles. Plus it is diluted down with water. You are soaking your snake in a tub of water that has a lid, you soak in the water first, let it drink, well here is the directions. The solution is very diluted so it is not harmful. and the most we get if we swallow soap is the diarrhea!!!! and we may be able to blow bubbles for a minute or two.

DIRECTIONS FOR MITE Be GONE TREATMENT:
1. Fill one Plastic tub with lid, with lukewarm water. (Water should be between 85-90 degrees) Deep enough for reptile to submerge in.
2. Place reptile in water and let it drink first, for about 5 minutes.
3. SHAKE WELL! Mite Be Gone Solution and the Mite Be Gone Spray solution.
4. Place ½ cup full of Mite Be Gone solution for small reptiles and 1 cap full for large reptiles.
5. Mix Mite Be Gone Solution in soaking water, agitate water, place lid on, and let reptile soak for about 30 minutes. (Always supervise reptile while in water, DO NOT LEAVE UNATTENDED!)
6. Remove reptile, and wipe it down with a dampened cloth that has been sprayed with Mite Be Gone Spray solution avoiding the eyes and nostrils.
(REPEAT IF NECESSARY ONLY EVERY OTHER DAY) until you notice the mites are gone.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:53 PM   #14
ComoxCorn
So your vet can figure out the right proportions when blending the ingredients? Just who has figured out the right proportions?

Old 02-05-2010, 09:01 PM   #15
nemrak551
Wink she didn't have the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComoxCorn View Post
So your vet can figure out the right proportions when blending the ingredients? Just who has figured out the right proportions?
She didn't have the time, and she told me to run with it, so I ran with it!!! I worked and worked on it. I told her what I wanted to do with it, and she smiled and said cool. So I figured out the right proportions!

And yeah, corns do hide, I had five new breeders for six months and my husband didn't even know we had them till like just yesterday!!!

Old 02-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #16
ComoxCorn
I'm really quite skeptical to say the least. Iodine is extremely toxic if injested. I don't think this is something I'd want to submerse a snake in and risk a snake injesting this solution. Sorry.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:20 PM   #17
nemrak551
Sorry you feel that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComoxCorn View Post
I'm really quite skeptical to say the least. Iodine is extremely toxic if injested. I don't think this is something I'd want to submerse a snake in and risk a snake injesting this solution. Sorry.
It is such a minute amount of iodine as well, and when put in the tub with the soaking snake, it is very very diluted, but even though diluted, it still soothes and heals. I can't even begin to tell you the amount, but it is very small and I could even ingest it and wouldn't notice a thing. Plus if you let your snake soak a good 5-10 minutes before adding the solution, it shouldn't be a problem. That's why you let them drink before adding it. You can also hold the snakes head if possible for about 20 minutes while in the water. It's that easy and simple. I promise you, it will not harm your snake, we have treated so many with it, and it's awesome treatment.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:30 AM   #18
ComoxCorn
There is still the risk of iodine injestion. The only product I am aware of that contains injestable iodine is table salt (was added to aid in the provention of goiters) and the amount (.06% - .01% volume by weight) is very minute to the point it is not harmful.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:58 AM   #19
ZoologyGirl
love the tegu!

Old 02-06-2010, 12:55 PM   #20
ceduke
You have a reptile shop in the Vegas area? I'll be moving out there soon, so I've been poking around looking at places to pick up feeders. What's your selection of frozen feeders like? Do you have quail chicks?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread

Tags
mite, reptile supplies, treatment