CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items For Sale Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, can be posted within this area. ALL members can place ads in this section.

Does your reptile have MITES?
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 04:07 PM   #51
Vinman
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
That's what the cats reacted to. I still use the drops on the dog, but the cats had to go chemical free. Great fun, they turn into a blinding ball of furious clawing action.
I know herpers here recommend dilute frontline wiped on reptiles and sprayed in vivs for mites.
I use the nix for the cages being it last for 2 weeks. No sence in just treating the animal with out treating the cage.

I will ask around to see if there is a alliterative treatment for your cat. Have you tried the Nix on the cat. If not then try a small spot on the cat if you dont get a reaction in a few days then I would wash the cat with the Nix crean rinse.

The guy ( pro products ) that invented and sells the P A M is a very good friend of mine so is the guy that came up with the mite end substrate.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:16 PM   #52
wade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman View Post
I use the nix for the cages being it last for 2 weeks. No sence in just treating the animal with out treating the cage.

The guy ( pro products ) that invented and sells the P A M is a very good friend of mine so is the guy that came up with the mite end substrate.
Vinny, has the Nix treatment been tested by FDA for use on animals and for reptiles specifically? Has the Nix company done any testing on reptiles?

This guy who is a friend of yours that invented PAM, is he a college educated chemist? Has his product been approved by FDA?

If I think you are a sweetheart, then I think it applies.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:50 PM   #53
Vinman
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
Vinny, has the Nix treatment been tested by FDA for use on animals and for reptiles specifically? Has the Nix company done any testing on reptiles?

This guy who is a friend of yours that invented PAM, is he a college educated chemist? Has his product been approved by FDA?

If I think you are a sweetheart, then I think it applies.
being you quoted me that means you were talking to me. Now dont say you were not directing your post to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman
You shuold be the last one to talk my friend. You should take your own advice Anyone that has read my alternative diet thread will see you just made a Hippocratic statment. Quote:

your reply

[quote=wade;
Sweetheart, I didn't say that I agree with everything everyone has to say, as you well know. I think many people here are going to the extreme trying to come up with ways that iodine, Dawn liquid soap, and Diatomaceous earth will wipe out man kind. Quote

Now as we all can see you were talking to me. If you like men cool To each their own I dont have a problem with gays, but dont bring that noise to me. I like females only. So save sweethart for your boyfriend.

Wade Nix is used for children and has been used for over 15 years in the reptile industry to get rid of mites and ticks. Both Nix and P A M both contain Pyrethrin the active ingredient. It is also used as a insecticide for vegetables for human consumption. It is a organic compound derived from plants. Here is his number Why dont you ask Bob yourself .
(845) 628-8960

Try reading this

Provent-a-MiteTM
#1 Because it works!!

•Provent-a-mite™ is the only patented, EPA & USDA approved product specifically labeled for use with all reptiles that has undergone more than 25 years of research, clinical testing and use to insure that it will effectively eradicate mites and ticks that feed on your reptiles. Unlike many other treatments, Provent-a-mite™ poses no potential harm to the host being treated when used as directed. No other product can make these claims!
•Provent-a-mite™ is more effective and less expensive to use than other products to eradicate or prevent an infestation, with up to 4 times less required per treatment and is the only product proven to provide long term residual protection. Unlike all other products that stop working when or soon after they dry, Provent-a-Mite™ will bond to any treated surface and remain effective for up to 30 days or longer, continuously killing any potentially disease carrying mites or ticks. Once dry, Provent-a-Mite™ will not wash off and can be misted, wiped or washed without eliminating the effectiveness.
•Provent-a-mite™ is the only product backed by EPA approved studies, confirming it can be used preventatively to protect your reptiles in addition to eradicating an existing outbreak. Simply treat substrate, racks, enclosure openings, etc. once a month as directed to kill any potentially disease carrying mites or ticks before they can infect your reptiles.
No other product is more effective, less expensive and easier to use than Provent-a-mite™

It is unfortunate that some companies have to use false and misleading claims to try and make their products sound better.

Simple facts:

Provent-a-mite™ is the only product that is approved by the EPA & USDA for use with all species of reptiles, including tortoises. Some other products illegally make this claim when the product is only EPA approved for use with snakes or not EPA approved for use with reptiles at all.

With an application rate for Provent-a-mite™ of only 1 sec/ft2 compared to a rate of 4 sec/ft2 (4 times more based on manufactures label dosage rates) required with some other products, Provent-a-mite™ uses much less to treat an enclosure per application and will continue to remain effective for 30 days or more, making it less expensive than any other product to eradicate an infestation.

Provent-a-mite™ is specifically formulated for use with all reptiles and has been extensively tested to be sure it will not pose any health risk to a reptile, either acutely or chronically when used as directed. No other product has our patented formula and many other formulas, despite any claim, do use chemicals that may potentially harm your animals. Since all formulas are a trade secret, there is no way to tell. Only by using an EPA registered product specifically approved for use with all reptiles will you have the assurance and peace of mind that the product will not cause any adverse effects.

No current product can make any claim that it will kill eggs. Provent-a-mite™ is the only product that is proven to provide long-term residual protection, so it will kill any larval mites or ticks when they hatch and try to infest your reptiles. All other products quickly break down, becoming ineffective soon after drying.

Provent-a-mite™ uses a water based formula, instead of a solvent based mixture and has been tested extensively and used successfully for more than 25 years by leading zoos, breeders and hobbyists worldwide, assuring it will not create any health risk to your animals when used as directed.

Our current economy is creating a hardship for many people. For this reason, Pro Products is lowering the normal price of Provent-a-mite™ from $17.95 per can to $14.95 for a limited time to help our customers during this period. We will restore it to the normal price once the economy has improved.

PP-PVM ..... Regularly $17.95 – now for a limited time only $14.95

Here is the link to Pro-Products home page. they only sell top noch products

[url]http://www.pro-products.com/[/url]

Old 02-07-2010, 10:38 PM   #54
wade
Hey Sweet Cheeks, don’t get all puffy with me, I just asked a question. I’m glad to see you found PAM home page.

Has Nix been tested for use on reptiles? Is Nix FDA approved for Reptiles? Keeping in mind that reptiles are not mammals or vegetables but and entirely different organism. I only ask because these are the stupid kind of questions that were being directed at the OP.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:32 AM   #55
Vinman
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
Hey Sweet Cheeks, don’t get all puffy with me, I just asked a question. I’m glad to see you found PAM home page.

Has Nix been tested for use on reptiles? Is Nix FDA approved for Reptiles? Keeping in mind that reptiles are not mammals or vegetables but and entirely different organism. I only ask because these are the stupid kind of questions that were being directed at the OP.

#1 Dont be a AH, adress me by my name or screan name. I can call you wad or D-Wad but I dont. I respectfuly call you by your screan name nomatter how hot the convo gets. No one is getting puffy just don't call me any names and we will be fine. I just stated the facts of who you were addressing.

#2 I'm sure nix never did clinical test on reptiles

#3 it has been used by breeders and I learned the trick from someone that worked at one of the biggest wholesalers in the north east. over 15 years ago that is what they use to get rid of mites. I have used it on wild caught Italian wall lizards that I catch here in NY. Some of the introduced populations have mites . I treat them with out any ill affects. The fact that I get repeat customers that tell me they are so happy with my lizards that they recommend to other people. I have also treated Iguanas and bearded dragons that have lived many years after treatment. I do this for free to help people with their animals. They buy the nix and I help them treat the animal

#4 remember I'm going my 25 year of breeding snakes, I do volunteer conversation work with herps with my local park.dept. Which happens to be the largest park in NYC which is almost 3000 aces, I also did volunteer work at the Bronx zoo reptile house which is world renowned for there breeding programs.

#5 This homemade mojo is a old remedy that don't always work and does nothing to kill the eggs of the mites. Have you ever worked at a pet store. I have worked at a few. I cant image breaking down every cage that is near the infected cage 3 times when I can do it one time and I done. My boss had a might problem and he was using all the homemade remedies and a month later some of the cages still had mites. so I told him it was not going to work a month later frustrated listened to me, got the nix and no more mites in one treatment, it is a proven method

So the active ingredient in nix is in P A M and is tested chemical used for getting rid of mites on reptiles.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:35 AM   #56
Susan
Apparently, some people still don't understand when to stop and even have to start their own little pissing contest. Therefore, I shall have to close this thread and if the OP wishes to have it deleted and place a new one up that I will close so no one can make any more comments, I will.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread

Tags
mite, reptile supplies, treatment